Verizon iPhone can't turn off 3G?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Oh not 30 days Verizon shortened their limit to 14 days.
Bstards. Well I can figure it out in 14 days. We'll see. Pretty furstrating with the lousy service at my house. Just a bad area for almsot all cell networks.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Because I've been with AT&T for years, and I like the ability to use voice and data at the same time.
Gotcha, was just wondering, guess we all have our trade offs huh. I'm lucky enough to never have service issues, my jobs have always had corporate discounts w/AT&T so I won't switch.

CodeHead

Jul 13, 2011
When the next model of the iPhone is released I think I'll get a Verizon model and test it for 30 days. If I can hold calls in my house I may switch to Verizon.
I had bad coverage at my house, then I got a network extender which really does work.

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
OK, thanks. I was a bit confused. I'm used to ATT where you can just turn off 3G and use EDGE.
Verizon does have an EDGE equivalent. You are always connected to it--it is 1xRTT. It is the voice/text network and data does work over it. You cannot manually switch to it, but you can see it pop up every once in a while when the 3G symbol goes away and a "o" appears in its place.