Verizon offering free iPhone 6, with trade-in

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by bballrob, Sep 18, 2014.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

You heard it here first. VERIZON is offering FREE iPhone 6 TOMORROW MORNING, starting at 8 AM with the trade-in of ANY working smartphone.

There's just one catch. This is an ALASKA only offer. I just heard an interview with the VP in Alaska. Verizon has been working to offer service here for about 4 years now, and they are finally kicking off service tomorrow morning at 8 AM. And offering FREE iPhone 6!!!

I'm sure there are some additional details such as contract and all that. They didn't get into that.

But WHERE ELSE can you get a FREE iPhone 6 tomorrow? Their only in-state store locations are in Anchorage and Fairbanks. I'll be sticking with AT&T. And maybe even getting the PLUS.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

This sounds good, but really nothing remarkable. If they are kicking off service, why not boost the dollar amount on trade-ins. Sure you'll have one lucky person trading in a Samsung Instinct, but I suppose they'll do fairly well on the trade-ins. For example, even AT&T will give you $200 for an iPhone 5.

3. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

4. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Gift card sent in 6-8 weeks (I bet). heh

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I liked my headline better.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

We're not selling used cars here. Also, this. Your headline was enticing enough for even you to run to Verizon.

Even if they take an iPhone 4, they make plenty on the contracts. Still profitable for them and they're courting people who are with other carriers.

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I hope AT&T will give me $200. Done deal. Lot less hassle than trying to sell it and going through all that. I'm gonna check in with my guy at the AT&T store where i usually go to get my iPhone .

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

You should print this out and take it to him. I assume it's a standard offer, but just in case the representative isn't aware of it.

att-offer.jpg

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Okay, here are the specifics, available on this page.

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 10.09.56 PM.png

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Ok, third time is a charm. The first offer seems different from the second one posted. AT&T's promotional card is only good for AT&T services and products. The one above, which has a dead URL for some reason, seems to be a cash trade-in of some sort.

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Not really. Closest store is 150 miles away.

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The closest Verizon store is 150 miles from you? Oh, wait! You're up in the tundra. :D

13. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Traded in my 5S and Verizon gave me a $300 credit right then and there. Got my 64GB iPhone 6 for the $30 upgrade fee. True story!

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I wish I had an upgrade available. I gotta wait until January, or possibly July, depending on the line situation. If I wait until July, I may as well wait for the 6s Plus. I've got to find a way to time my upgrades to coincide with new releases.

15. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I traded in a 5C I bought used and got $200 from Best Buy. I also traded in my 5S to Amazon for $350. We buy so much stuff from Amazon it was the same as cash to us. I also bought my phone outright so it helped with the cost and had less hassle then eBay or Craigslist.

16. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Yeah but then you'll coincide with only "S" releases. That would suck, same phone pretty much. My upgrade isn't until January so my options are to early upgrade and pay extra or switch to Verizon. Verizon is $30 less a month so I'm going to switch