Verizon or AT&T Service for the new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by R1 Kid, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Verizon or AT&T Service for the new iPad?

1. Verizon

33.3%
  2. AT&T

50.0%
  3. Neither, Wi-Fi Only

16.7%
  1. R1 Kid

R1 Kid Member
    Bronze

What was or would be your choice when selecting a LTE Data Plan? If you want to elaborate as to why, that might help someone out more so than just voting on one or the other.

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I'd say Verizon hands down! LTE in more places and the network is more mature..

AT&T has the $14 data plan that Verizon does not offer and 3GB for $30 where Verizon is 2GB for $30. The $50 plans are the same but only Verizon offers the top dog data plan..

Verizon also lets you hotspot the iPad where AT&T does not.

Depends on what the user wants, how much data they use and how important widespread LTE is in the areas they live and travel in..

For me at least, it was Verizon hands down..

3. nyyfan

nyyfan New Member

I have a 4s on AT&T, and originally ordered the AT&T iPad, but then went to the Apple Store on Friday and bought the Verizon version. Took the AT&T version back that night. The hotspot was the real kicker for me.

4. R1 Kid

R1 Kid Member
    Bronze

I was already leaning towards Verizon. This is really making me think that's the right choice.

5. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Wow great poll 3 votes already.

6. billinaz

billinaz Member
    Bronze

I use a wifi only model and boost mobile.

$10/month unlimited data and a mifi hotspot.........

7. GailLA

GailLA Contributor
    Bronze

I got the AT&T because I love the free AT&T basic wifi that you get with any level of cellular data purchase. I stay at Hilton enough that it makes a diff to me. Also the $30 for 3 GB fits my travel needs. When I don't need that, I can drop back to the $15 plan and still have the AT&T wifi and enough 3-4G/LTE for those times I don't have wifi. Also even the 3G data on AT&T is really fast and solid in most cases.

8. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I'd go with AT&T. That's just my personal opinion. I love AT&T. Their LTE is better the Verizon's, you get a smaller data plan offer, like said, the AT&T wifi, and it's GSM.