Verizon Prepaid iPhone 6 is locked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
Can somebody advise me please?
I see Best Buy sells Verizon prepaid iPhone 6 32GB for $299.99. I wanted to buy it, use it for a month quit using it and keep the phone presuming the phone is unlocked. I was told by BB the phone is locked to Verizon, can that be possible?

I also found in GL another brand new iPhone 6 that the seller say is unlock. I asked for the IMEI # and checked with apple, they tell me it is locked to tracfone. Is it save for me to buy it? Thank you all.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can somebody advise me please?
I see Best Buy sells Verizon prepaid iPhone 6 32GB for $299.99. I wanted to buy it, use it for a month quit using it and keep the phone presuming the phone is unlocked. I was told by BB the phone is locked to Verizon, can that be possible?

I also found in GL another brand new iPhone 6 that the seller say is unlock. I asked for the IMEI # and checked with apple, they tell me it is locked to tracfone. Is it save for me to buy it? Thank you all.
The BestBuy specs indicate that the prepaid Verizon iPhone 6 is not unlocked.

Do not buy that phone. Always verify the unlock and iCloud lock status prior to purchase. There are a lot of stolen/blacklisted/iCloud-locked iPhones on the market.

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
The BestBuy specs indicate that the prepaid Verizon iPhone 6 is not unlocked.

Do not buy that phone. Always verify the unlock and iCloud lock status prior to purchase. There are a lot of stolen/blacklisted/iCloud-locked iPhones on the market.
I thought Verizon iPhones are unlocked by nature that it can't be locked. Definitely I will follow your advice, thank you Europa!