Verizon restore issue

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Edge1978, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

I downloaded the firmware for my Verizon iPhone 5 and wanted to do a [shift+restore] but it's saying that the firmware (which is 5,2_6.1.4_10B350) is not compatible with my device. Long story short, I recently moved to Verizon back in May because it had a larger FAN discount for me and purchased the SGS4, wasn't happy with it about a month later and coincidentally a gentleman on Craigslist wanted to swap an iPhone 5 for the SGS4. the phone is in great shape, never had an issue, I verified the back and it is A1429. If I do a plain restore it restores fine with no issues. Is there a way for me to see on iTunes which IPSW file was installed so I can understand why the CDMA file isn't compatible?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's the correct file. Why do you need to do a shift+restore and not a regular restore? iTunes will download the firmware file. Are you running Windows 7?

3. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

I have always been told its best to do a DFU then [shift+restore] to restore your device, as its the cleanest way (?) LOL, Yep I have Windows 7.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not necessary unless you're having problems with a regular restore.

5. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

I checked my pc for the ipsw file that iTunes uses to restore my iPhone 5 and see that it is the same file that I downloaded from iclarify. However at closer inspection I see that the file I downloaded was only 176mb unlike the 900mb file in iTunes, so I downloaded the file from iclarify again and it was 900mb. So I came to the conclusion that for some reason the entire file didn't download the first time which is why it said it wasn't compatible. OMFG I am an idiot. :oops: