Verizon to AT&T for iPhone 3G?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
The only thing i would say to keep in mind. When my AT&T contract is up, i may switch back to verizon because the rest of my family is on it and so my phone on that contract is very cheap. On AT&T, i feel very guilty because i am the primary user so its expensive. So, i don't know what your situation is, but i'd just remember that if i were you.

MrMciPhone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I spent 4 years with Verizon before I switched to AT&T for the iPhone. Personally, I like Verizon's service(coverage) a lot better (AT&T's claim for "fewest dropped calls" is not valid for my experience, I probably had 10 dropped calls with Verizon in my 4 years and I've had 50+ in my 1 year with AT&T); Verizon seems to have more strength to me. Although my opinion/personal experience points me to Verizon having better coverage, the iPhone is still worth switching over for. Best phone + Average Coverage > Crappy Phones/Old Blackberries + Great Service.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I spent 4 years with Verizon before I switched to AT&T for the iPhone. Personally, I like Verizon's service(coverage) a lot better (AT&T's claim for "fewest dropped calls" is not valid for my experience, I probably had 10 dropped calls with Verizon in my 4 years and I've had 50+ in my 1 year with AT&T); Verizon seems to have more strength to me. Although my opinion/personal experience points me to Verizon having better coverage, the iPhone is still worth switching over for. Best phone + Average Coverage > Crappy Phones/Old Blackberries + Great Service.
That is ridiculous IMHO
iPhone is nice but it has plenty of flaws....and I am not convinced yet fw 2.0 will fix that many...new features are nice but you have to fix the problems first
I just started my plan with ATT...but the dropped calls/poor reception is an issue I am very disappointed about

MrMciPhone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
That is ridiculous IMHO
iPhone is nice but it has plenty of flaws....and I am not convinced yet fw 2.0 will fix that many...new features are nice but you have to fix the problems first
I just started my plan with ATT...but the dropped calls/poor reception is an issue I am very disappointed about

Well, really there's no arguing that the iPhone is the best phone out right now because let's face it, it is. I'm not saying it's a perfect phone, no phone is perfect, but for what phones have to offer, the iPhone is definitely ontop of every other phone. yes, it might not have MMS or video but MOST of phones out don't have the easy UI and HTML RICH web browser like the iPhone.

But if you want to go solely off of service and if this guy is only using coverage as his deciding factor more so than a phone with a bunch of extra dohickies then I would say go with Verizon.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
Well, really there's no arguing that the iPhone is the best phone out right now because let's face it, it is. I'm not saying it's a perfect phone, no phone is perfect, but for what phones have to offer, the iPhone is definitely ontop of every other phone. yes, it might not have MMS or video but MOST of phones out don't have the easy UI and HTML RICH web browser like the iPhone.

But if you want to go solely off of service and if this guy is only using coverage as his deciding factor more so than a phone with a bunch of extra dohickies then I would say go with Verizon.
well I agree as a device it is very good but I am not sure it is better than my wife's blackberry..browser is better but I would never use a phone for anything but a secondary surfing device(in airport)...I just use an office PC or home PC
It is for me a phone first..extras are nice ..but not having a repeat alert on missed call or txt is a big failure on the phone

I realize for many it is all-in-one device and I am happy it meets all your needs

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
never used verizon but i would assume its the same as att.

i use tmobile on an iPhone. you can allways tell if there's gonna be rain in los angeles by checking the signal strength of EDGE.

all meteorologists need to predict weather is an iPhone gen 1 running on tmobile.