Verizon's iPhone killer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, why let a perfectly good thread go to waste? Anyone else here excited for this weekend? My UF Gators are playing the LSU Tigers, so this weekend will definitely be tumultuous, especially after that abysmal showing against Auburn :(.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/lgs-voyager-handset-positioned-challenge/story.aspx?guid={9E8A0500-78EC-4383-BF36-F0FF0D386324}

Check out the photos. The phone copies so many things on the iPhone it makes me laugh, especially the "Touch to unlock" part. It looks like the only edge this phone has on the iPhone is high speed Internet and GPS (and arguably a better network).

EDIT: Just noticed another thread already talking about it here. Sorry.
It is a step backwords to a small screen, confusing menu, tiny buttins, hinged to another smaller screen yada yada yada...

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={9E8A0500-78EC-4383-BF36-F0FF0D386324}

Check out the photos. The phone copies so many things on the iPhone it makes me laugh, especially the "Touch to unlock" part. It looks like the only edge this phone has on the iPhone is high speed Internet and GPS (and arguably a better network).

EDIT: Just noticed another thread already talking about it here. Sorry.
ha, sooo like Korean's to copy stuff. Ever notice the Hyundai name and symbol are just like Honda? and everyone of their cars are NOT original looking. they copy Jaguar, Honda, Lexus, mercedes, bmw...so on and so forth...

i'm not being racial, just an annoyed half japanese girl. ;)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
ha, sooo like Korean's to copy stuff. Ever notice the Hyundai name and symbol are just like Honda? and everyone of their cars are NOT original looking. they copy Jaguar, Honda, Lexus, mercedes, bmw...so on and so forth...

i'm not being racial, just an annoyed half japanese girl. ;)
Hey congratz on post 100 btw.

:p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well, why let a perfectly good thread go to waste? Anyone else here excited for this weekend? My UF Gators are playing the LSU Tigers, so this weekend will definitely be tumultuous, especially after that abysmal showing against Auburn :(.
yes should be a good game, watching the Gators "try" and play the Tigers!:p

No, but really, looking forward to it. What time is the game?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Hoping that Gators will be real fired up against LSU!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
yes should be a good game, watching the Gators "try" and play the Tigers!:p

No, but really, looking forward to it. What time is the game?

Darn you and your war eagles! That game was so brutal. It was the first game, whether it be football or basketball, that I've gone to and we lost. I was soo sad. The kickoff is set for 7:28 PM (but that's LA time) so it's 8:28 PM EST. I really hope our lose to you guys makes us work even harder for the W!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
WOoo! Another Florida Fan! Where at in Florida do you hail from? I'm from Tampa originally but I'm in Gainesville now going to school. Woot!:laugh2::laugh2:
Started college at UF in '89. Got married and transferred to USF and graduated from USF. My husband graduated from UF and got a job in Tampa, so we moved. I applied for my AA from UF so I sould still have a diploma from there! Once a Gator always a Gator. But USF bulls are doing really well this year. I am proud of them, too.

I taught in Tampa for a while what HS did you go to?

Oct 4, 2007
Started college at UF in '89. Got married and transferred to USF and graduated from USF. My husband graduated from UF and got a job in Tampa, so we moved. I applied for my AA from UF so I sould still have a diploma from there! Once a Gator always a Gator. But USF bulls are doing really well this year. I am proud of them, too.

When is the voyager scheduled to come out?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

Whoa that is too crazy! I did IB for two years at King High School in Temple Terrace and then I transferred to Durant High School in Plant City (Brandon) for my Junior and Senior year. What school did you teach at? I am really impressed with the USF Bulls by the way, they are doing so well let's hope it can continue.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
It's obvious no one's iPhone's gonna be killed by this Verizon copy cat.... So carry on with the off-topic chat. Just "crossing the street" here.:cool:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Whoa that is too crazy! I did IB for two years at King High School in Temple Terrace and then I transferred to Durant High School in Plant City (Brandon) for my Junior and Senior year. What school did you teach at? I am really impressed with the USF Bulls by the way, they are doing so well let's hope it can continue.
I thought some middle school and high school band and orchestra. Last school was Tomlin MS (plant city) and did my interning at Plant City HS. I also taught at Bloomingdale HS (asst band and orchestra) for a year before I had a baby. Was Mr Dubay still teaching band at Durant? I went to USF with him.

Small world, huh?

exilio

Oct 4, 2007

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
GO GATORS..... Tim Tebow #1 Fan right here

Bahahah! I know her! I was talking to some friends about Tebow and they showed me this and I couldn't believe it. She was in my Organic 2 Lab so she's really intelligent actually. Yeah, I know, beauty AND brains?! She also said that she got those, uh, "attachments", as a graduation gift :laugh2:.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I thought some middle school and high school band and orchestra. Last school was Tomlin MS (plant city) and did my interning at Plant City HS. I also taught at Bloomingdale HS (asst band and orchestra) for a year before I had a baby. Was Mr Dubay still teaching band at Durant? I went to USF with him.

Small world, huh?

Mr. Dubay was and I think still is at Durant! I took orchestra in MS at Turkey Creek with Mrs. Dahlberg, don't know if you know her too, but that would also be insane. I also did orchestra for a bit at King but I didn't like the way the orchestra department was set up. I play first violin, well, I wish I still could the way I did back then. Do you play any instruments yourself?