Vermont/Alaska etc... Success?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jcosmide

Nov 24, 2007
Well I've got a few months left of school in VT and am really anxious to get an iPhone. I've read some not-so-encouraging things about ATT in VT, but I'm sure SOMEONE has to been able to keep under the radar in VT.

I'll only be in VT until May, and traveling back to NJ periodically for breaks. I don't ever leave Burlington when I'm in VT, and there are a bunch of people who use ATT....so I don't understand why they would seek iPhone users.

if ATT did cancel my contract, couldn't I just sign up for another (using an NJ address)? What becomes of my iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

fedexgnd

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Where is your billing address now? All you need to do is have your billing address in NJ and you would be all set. I live in NH and i'm in vermont all day (for my job) and never had an issue using my iPhone

jcosmide

Nov 24, 2007
Where is your billing address now? All you need to do is have your billing address in NJ and you would be all set. I live in NH and i'm in vermont all day (for my job) and never had an issue using my iPhone
How long have you been using your iPhone in VT/NH?

My billing address is in NJ- there's no problem there. I've just heard reports of ATT canceling contracts of users in VT due to excessive roaming (apparently all of VT is roaming).

fedexgnd

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
i have had iPhone since the July 8th. No problems as of yet. I asked that very question about roaming when I bought my iPhone. They told me there would never be a problem. They just won't activate an iPhone with a VT billing address.

jcosmide

Nov 24, 2007
i have had iPhone since the July 8th. No problems as of yet. I asked that very question about roaming when I bought my iPhone. They told me there would never be a problem. They just won't activate an iPhone with a VT billing address.
Very encouraging, thanks.

Anyone else in Burlington area?

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Here's the part of the service agreement that covers it.:

"Off-net Usage: If your minutes of use (including unlimited services) on other carrier networks ("off-net usage") during any two consecutive months exceeds your off-net usage allowance, AT&T may at its option terminate your service, deny your continued use of other carriers' coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for off-net usage. Your off-net usage allowance is equal to the lesser of 750 minutes or 40% of the Anytime Minutes included with your plan. AT&T will provide notice that it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the agreement."

Because it is only invoked if you go over for 2 consecutive months, it seems to give some leeway for people who are traveling, especially on the lower amount anytime minute plans.