Very important question. "urgent"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
hey guys I had a problem with the hard drive of my laptop and I lose all the information and all my music from iTunes. Therefore, my laptop will be at bestbuy for two weeks, but I want to sync my iPhone. My question is if I connect my iPhone to my other laptop can I sync the phone and get the new iTunes icon? Also, do I loose all the music that I have in my iPhone? When I connect it to another iTunes? Please guys give me a hand with this thanks.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
if you sync your phone with another computer you will lose whatever music you had on there and it will sync the music from that library on to your iPhone.

Jul 15, 2007
and there is no way to send all my music from my iPhone to that laptop? What about my contacts? Please if someone knows a way to do this let me know, or a way to sync it manually or some other way let me know. Also what will happened if I wait for my laptop and do it with an empty iTunes.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
1. Open iTunes.

2. Click iTunes > Preferences (on a Mac) or Edit > Preferences (on a PC)

3. Deselect Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones.

Then, when you connect it, it will not sync and you can set your options (in the tabs) to not sync anything, but you SHOULD still be able to update your software on the phone.

Alternatively, you can also hold down Option+Command (MAC) or Shift+Control (PC) at the same time while you connect your iPhone... keep holding it down until the phone is successfuly connected. Then you can change all your syncing options.

FYI: I used this method when I got my new mac pro. I have calendar and contacts syncing from one mac and music syncing from another.

As for getting your music from your iPhone to computer, there is a bit of software called iGadget, but I think it only works with iPods, not iPhones. Anything you purchased through iTunes you should be able to download again though. As for anything else... ripped CDs or illegals, I don't have any other ideas for you.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
doesn't iTunes allow you to "restore" your library? I was using URGE (windows music store) and accidentally deleted my entire library. I was able to get everything back with a click of the button. If so, you can get iTunes on other laptop, sign into your account and re-download all your music.

Of course this only works if your talking about purchased music.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Try one of these....

Try a program like iPod Access - these allow you to copy music off the Phone to either iTunes or to any directory you choose. Windoz programs of this type also exist (iPod Access is Mac):)