Very Important

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
My mom got me a computer and all my stuff in iTunes is on hers how do i transfer it?
You want to move the music and video from her computer over to your new one? You can transfer it through a network connection, burn a cd on her computer and transfer it over, get a thumbdrive and move it over, etc.. If that is not what you mean then can you explain a bit more?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You probably won't be able to put all your music on a CD (700 MB), but if you pick up a 4GB Flash Drive, it will probably fit.

Usually, the iTunes music is stored in the C:/User/Music folder. On my computer it is C:/User/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music

I just copied the iTunes Music folder to my flash drive and then pasted it on my new computer and it worked fine.

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
if u got the money u should pick up an external hard drive. that way u can transfer your music and back up anything else on your computer.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Don't forget to copy over your profile info as well.
And if your new PC is running Vista... you might have a few problems with iTunes.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
My telepathy isn't working right now... You're going to have to explain your problem a little better. Its hard to read an eighth grader's mind...

You trying to transfer to a computer or from a phone or what?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
My mom got me a computer and all my stuff in iTunes is on hers how do i transfer it?

Use a thumb drive, copy the iTunes folder from hers to yours, then on your computer, load iTunes and then under edit/preferences/general...right there you can change the folder to look at the folder of iTunes you just brought in.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Use a thumb drive, copy the iTunes folder from hers to yours, then on your computer, load iTunes and then under edit/preferences/general...right there you can change the folder to look at the folder of iTunes you just brought in.
Either that or import all the songs from the thumb drive to your iTunes folder on the new computer and the consolidate them so they'll all be in the iTunes folder and not on the thumb drive anymore.