VERY INTERESTING Privacy Feature on iOS7.......

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by djwindsor, Sep 20, 2013.

1. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Nested under several layers of menus is what I consider a very interesting feature of iOS7. Under Privacy/Location Services/System Services/Frequent Locations. You MAY want to turn off this feature if you told your significant other you were at work but in actuality you played hookie and went to the beach (or something more sinister!). It was really spooky to see how it tracked my movements (not # 2) over the past few days. It even shows how long I was at a particular address! Hmmm... I wonder if I should turn of this feature! THOUGHTS?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I've got mixed feelings about it and will probably leave it off. I am curious what sort of "useful location-related information" I will be provided with if I leave it on. The "Improve Maps" feature seems kind of ridiculous. It supposedly uses the GPS data of your frequent locations to correlate with the address associated with your Apple ID.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

WOWSERS! Super hidden! I don't mind this. I won't cut it off, hubby won't cut his off. We have nothing to hide from each other. We are always where we're supposed to be.

LOL! Hidden well though.

4. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I too wonder how this will improve Apple's mapping feature. I also wonder why this feature is so buried.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Let me tell you, Apple needs all the help they an get to improve their Maps. They want them to be as accurate as they can be for everyone using them. So I figure if they can use that feature to get info from people then all the better.

Bury it deep so it won't be fiddled with and they can track you and keep your locations accurate.. Or the government and Apple are in cahoots. LOL! No. I think we are being watched and tracked no matter how much we protest. This can be and probably is being done through iPhones, droid phones, cable boxes computers anything electronic. If they're saying we have rights and they don't voilate them, I don't believe it. I may be wrong, but I believe that watcing and tracking people is pretty much a done deal.

Just my opinion.

6. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

If you go to notification center, it will often tell you how long it will take you to drive to one of those "frequent locations". It's all the time telling me how long it will take me to drive to work, like I don't know how long it takes after 18 years.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List