Very old AT&T Blue SIM card ---- Help me AT&T Employees!

jdschwar

Jun 11, 2008
I have a very old AT&T Blue SIM card and plan. I get 850 minutes per month with 7pm night and weekends for $32 + tax.

I really want to keep my current plan! Can I just add a $30 unlimited data plan to my account and activate the SIM card that will come with the 3G iPhone?

Or will they say I need to sign up with a new plan? I don't mind the 2 year agreement ... I just don't want to lose my current plan!

Please help!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think "grandfather plans" and employee discounts get wiped out when you buy an iPhone. It's not fair, I know.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I think "grandfather plans" and employee discounts get wiped out when you buy an iPhone. It's not fair, I know.
I agree. As long as you keep the current phone, you could probably have this plan forever. But once you switch phones(to any phone really) that plan is out the door.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
yeah as soon as you switch to the iPhone you will loose the nice plan. because they will have to convert you to the "new att". Because your sim card wont work in the iPhone unless it gets unlocked, but since you have to do it at the store now that will be a no go. Sorry buddy :(