Very Random Question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Here is a question that is right out of left field, but I figure that someone here might be able to either answer it or direct me to where I can find the answer. Is it possible to "hack" into someones cell phone and use their microphone as a recorder device and then call them and leave that recording as a message? And when calling, make it look like the call was coming from a different number? I was talking to a someone last night and was in utter disbelief as they described this exact scenario going on since February and they have not been able to figure it out. Does anybody know how it would be possible to do this?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Here is a question that is right out of left field, but I figure that someone here might be able to either answer it or direct me to where I can find the answer. Is it possible to "hack" into someones cell phone and use their microphone as a recorder device and then call them and leave that recording as a message? And when calling, make it look like the call was coming from a different number? I was talking to a someone last night and was in utter disbelief as they described this exact scenario going on since February and they have not been able to figure it out. Does anybody know how it would be possible to do this?
Well, you can do some bluetooth hacking on some phones,but I don't know how you could record someones voice. I'd have to call BS on that one.:rolleyes:

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Yeah, that sounds a bit far fetched to me. Makes for good spy novel material, though!

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
if they are using a smartphone there are call recording programs. it records from speaker and mic and then stores to a card or the phone memory. as for alternate #... the only way i've heard that working is through a voip site. some people have figured out how to access through a cell phone but it costs a little $.don't know if that helps...