Very sad that you cant attach files to an email?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Ibrahim Allaf, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

I can't believe this the iOS is one of the best mobile OSes out there and yet at this day and age i cannot attach any file to my email such as an image or an audio? this is appaling?

I googled how to do this but I read that you can't do it Apple prevents this so you cannot transfer media and have to buy from the iTunes store

I am baffled that such a simple and essential feature is missing from my email app what the heck

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You can attach a photo to an email. You must select the photo(s) from the camera roll First, click the curved looking arrow and the email option appears.
    If its a preexisting email, you got to camera roll press and hold the photo, select copy, go to email and select paste.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can email whatever type of file you want from an iPhone. Just use an app such as DroxBox.

4. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

And you can email a photo right from the Mail app. Just tap, then when you see the cut copy paste, there is an arrow on the right. Tap it and you get an option to add a photo.

5. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

thanks a lot guys! I suck at using this iPhone it's the first one I've owned im learning something new everyday

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

That's one of the great things about this place... Learn something new just about everyday ;)

Sent using iCafe app

7. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Gotta admit, it woulda been nice if Apple had included a manual with the less obvious features explained.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

How true. Even the user guide included as a link on the phone through safari is somewhat lacking.

Sent using iCafe app

9. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Huh? Of course you can. See what RoofMonkey said. I use the copy and past feature all the time.

10. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I had to tell someone about the UG just the other night. They didn't know it even existed.

11. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I wish that there was more interactive user guides.