Vibe Duos with Clicker now available at Apple.com

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
even though i don't have the store credit, i wouldn't buy these.

i would much rather take off the earbuds on the iPhone headphones and put on better ones.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

i would much rather take off the earbuds on the iPhone headphones and put on better ones.
i would consider this, but i refuse to wear any headphones (or other accessories, for that matter) that are white.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
The right side of my v-modas just crapped out this weekend. I am getting new from v-moda, but I want the click option. I had to use the stock iPhone headphones today and was so disgusted with them. I can't wait to get my Duos

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Until I read this post I did not know that the clicker thing on the Apple earbuds was also a mic. I am so excited I could pee my pants.:laugh2: (But I will not). So I turned on the ipod, called DH and the music faded and he heard me on the little mic thing. Holy smokes. iPhone gets better everyday!

I will also check out these earbuds. I am making a Christmas list of all the iPhone stuff I want.

DavidB

Sep 26, 2007
Just FYI, I ordered mine from Amazon.com on October 17th. It said that they were backordered and the anticipated delivery was November 16-30.

Well, they arrived today! October 26th. Good job Amazon.

I love the headphones, they are much better than the Shures I used to use. I am a little concerned that the fabric cord may not hold up well but time will tell.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i really like mine, too. I also think they put a little too much emphasis on their "untangleable" cloth cords. I had Shures that just had a thick plastic coating that got tangled much less than these.

overall i am very happy with them, though.

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
I picked up a pair at my local Apple store last night. Overall, I am very impressed. The sound is awesome, the comfort and fit are good.

I can't believe how much money I wasted on other solutions, buying just about every headphone adapter out there, trying to utilize existing earphones that in the end, don't hold a candle to the Vibe's.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

Better ones? Have you even tried these?

I love the headphones, they are much better than the Shures I used to use. I am a little concerned that the fabric cord may not hold up well but time will tell.
With most earpieces I've used that have the fabric cord, they have lasted much longer than the ones without.

I picked up a pair at my local Apple store last night. Overall, I am very impressed. The sound is awesome, the comfort and fit are good.

I can't believe how much money I wasted on other solutions, buying just about every headphone adapter out there, trying to utilize existing earphones that in the end, don't hold a candle to the Vibe's.
Sound impressed me first; then comfort and fit. I think the hardest part in making a purchase is making a decision to purchase. We as consumers spend way too much time weighing the pros and cons.

I also think the best review of a product comes from your own first hand experience; not the experience of someone else. Most of what I've read about the Duos has been positive. I wanted to try them out because I figured something else had to be better than white earbuds. I mean, here I am trying to be inconspicuous with these all-knowing white buds; which are synonymous with iPods.... its the first thing that someone assumes you're listening to. You cant possibly be on a phone with them?!?

I'm sure some of ya'll feel me...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Sound impressed me first; then comfort and fit. I think the hardest part in making a purchase is making a decision to purchase. We as consumers spend way too much time weighing the pros and cons.

I also think the best review of a product comes from your own first hand experience; not the experience of someone else. Most of what I've read about the Duos has been positive. I wanted to try them out because I figured something else had to be better than white earbuds. I mean, here I am trying to be inconspicuous with these all-knowing white buds; which are synonymous with iPods.... its the first thing that someone assumes you're listening to. You cant possibly be on a phone with them?!?

I'm sure some of ya'll feel me...
i agree with pretty much everything you said.

i don't like wearing the white buds because a) they sound terrible b) i don't want to look like an Apple fanboy c) they hurt, and d) they just generally suck.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
i think he means "better ones" as in better than the original buds on the iPhone cord... not necessarily better than the vmodas. I don't really understand his logic, though.
Me either.

i agree with pretty much everything you said.

i don't like wearing the white buds because a) they sound terrible b) i don't want to look like an Apple fanboy c) they hurt, and d) they just generally suck.
The Apple headsets, IMO, didn't sound terrible, nor did they hurt my ears. If something happened to my Duos, I would simply use the Apple earbud again, UNTIL, my Duos were replaced.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it was one of the first things i tried. i didn't particularly like how any of the presets sounded with them. everything sounded way too extreme.

too bad there isn't a custom eq.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Just wanna throw in my opinion and say that I've got them and so far so good. The bass isn't as deep as everyone says but they fit nice and feel nice.

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
The right side of my v-modas just crapped out this weekend. I am getting new from v-moda, but I want the click option. I had to use the stock iPhone headphones today and was so disgusted with them. I can't wait to get my Duos
strange, that happened to me too. the right side just stopped giving out sound. happened about 2 weeks ago just haven't had time to send them out. been using the stock headphones for the past week or so and i hate them. listen to my ipod for about 5 hours a day because of work and the headphones never stay in my ears and are constantly falling off. i hate them. cant wait to get my headphones back.
i have no problem with the sound quality of the stock headphones, they just never stay in my ears and i am CONSTANTLY fixing them.