Vibrate problem and taking to Genius Bar

luvstar99

Sep 5, 2007
So I have a 1st generation iPhone that I drop for the very first time after 1 year. Now when the phone vibrates it makes a rattling sound. However there is no cosmetic damage. I'm on firmware 2.0 but the carrier name no longer says AT&T from moding from previous firmware. Will the Genius bar refuse my warranty because of the carrier name although I'm on 2.0 firmware?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yes he will. To get rid of it, restore your phone and set it up as a new phone. Once that's done it will be 100% stock and since you said there's no cosmetic damage, he'll replace it.

luvstar99

Sep 5, 2007
Is it possible to change the carrier name in 2.0?

Yes he will. To get rid of it, restore your phone and set it up as a new phone. Once that's done it will be 100% stock and since you said there's no cosmetic damage, he'll replace it.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Is it possible to change the carrier name in 2.0?
Nope. Possibly, when 2.0 gets jailbroken and the jailbreaking software is released, but as of now, no. The only thing you can do is restore, set up as new phone, and sync your info if you want to, and then take it in.

I said sync it if you want to because you're going to be taking it in for a replacement, so idk if you want to waste your time doing it.

luvstar99

Sep 5, 2007
thanks for the advise. i'm going to give that a try.