Vibrate/Ring Switch Reversed Now since 1.1.3 firmware?

ctrob

Sep 30, 2007
... Well sort of. On the confirmation when flipping the switch to put it into silent it vibrated, now it dose not. Instead it's vice versa and dosen't vibrate when you put it into vibrate mode. Not a big deal but just was little weird to me.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
... Well sort of. On the confirmation when flipping the switch to put it into silent it vibrated, now it dose not. Instead it's vice versa and dosen't vibrate when you put it into vibrate mode. Not a big deal but just was little weird to me.

I just tried mine and it works fine.

Try powering off the phone and then turn back on and try it.

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
It's because you either have the vibrate on when you are in silent or have it on when the volume is on. If you have the vibrate on while in silent, whenever you flip it to silent it will vibrate and when flip the volume back on it will not do anything. Vice-versa if the vibrate is off in silent.

aziphone

Jul 5, 2007
After updating to 1.1.3, I have no vibrate at all. When a call comes in I see the screen light up, and the tone sounds on my Apple bluetooth headset, but no vibrate. Under settings I even turned on the vibrate on under the ringer setttings, but no vibrate. Weird.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
All normal here. I suggest a Reset then a Restore to those having issues.

- John

ctrob

Sep 30, 2007
turning on and off didn't fix it but I'm not going to restore because I really don't care that much, so I'll just live with it.

aziphone

Jul 5, 2007
Stopped by Apple store today and showed them the vibration no longer worked on iPhone, and they replaced it on the spot. Now that is customer service at its best.

ctrob

Sep 30, 2007
Stopped by Apple store today and showed them the vibration no longer worked on iPhone, and they replaced it on the spot. Now that is customer service at its best.
That's funny but I think you got over on that one...I just discovered for some reason the 1.1.3 update turned the silent mode vibrate to off. I thought I was about to get a new iPhone myself until I went into settings and checked. I put it back to ON and it even fixed the reverse vibration thing

aziphone

Jul 5, 2007
No, mine was actually not working. I did go into setting and reset everything, but still no vibration. The tech-support at the Apple store was aware of the vibration scenario. I do not think it had anything to do with 1.1.3, I just checked it upon reading this post, and after updating to 1.1.3 and found it was not working. It could have not been working for some time, but I had not used in in a while. Anyway, my new phone is a current production unit and does not have any dead pixelsj or neg-black screen issues, so I guess all is right with the world today.