Vibrate stopped working, am I eligible for warranty repair?

emin187

Feb 29, 2008
I'm from London and hope that someone might be able to help me.

My friend got me a iPhone 1.1.2 from U.S.A and the vibrate button just stop working. i have receipts and box. Can i take it to Apple Store for Warranty Repair?

The iPhone is jailbroken, so i don't no what to tell them if they ask how you using this in UK. Any ideas of what i can do?

i also just went Apple website put my serial number. I have a feeling I'm screwed. This is what it said:

Warranty information about your iPhoneOur records indicate this product has not been activated. Learn how to activate your iPhone. Please note that warranty service is not dependent on activating your iPhone. For more information, please contact us.

Please any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you need AT&T. or whomever the legit carrier is over there. Do not take a jailbroken phone in an Apple store. Restore and rejailbrake is your only viable option that I can see.

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
you need AT&T. or whomever the legit carrier is over there. Do not take a jailbroken phone in an Apple store. Restore and rejailbrake is your only viable option that I can see.
Mhh.. Will total recover to a clean 1.1.2 help and go to the Apple store?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
yes it will. You do not want Apple to see a jailbroken phone. You can always restore to a virgin phone, get it fixed or replaced, then rejailbreak and reunlock.... Wait till folks start getting up around here... More options maybe

emin187

Feb 29, 2008
if i just Restore it in iTunes and take it back im just thinking when they ask how you been using it lol

and i cant activated it over in UK AS its O2 SIM ONLY and i have U.S iPhone ATT

IM SOOOOOO SCREWED

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
All you have to do is take a receipt and a non-jailbroken phone in and say the button is jacked up.

emin187

Feb 29, 2008
All you have to do is take a receipt and a non-jailbroken phone in and say the button is jacked up.

well i hope your right

im going central london tomorrow. im going to restore my iPhone now :(