Vibrating alert?

gutman925

Mar 15, 2007
It's Got to! No Cell phone worth it's spit these days is without a vibrate. Otherwise the only movie i'll be able to go see is on my iPhone. Can't go to the movies with Shaquira blaring :)

Mar 22, 2007
having vibrate is pretty standard now ofcourse this will be a big vibrating phone! Don't let that tmobile guy in the altell commercial get it!

Nieriel

Feb 16, 2007
the vibrate function drains the battery of the phones, so i don't really care if it has it or not.
I do; I don't want to have to turn off my phone every time I go to class; I put it on vibrate so I can tell if I got a call at all, then check my "missed calls" list to see whether or not i should call them back.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
It will, all phones do. Especially if they want Buisness men or women to get it. I guarantee they don't want music blaring at their businesss meetings.

Nieriel

Feb 16, 2007
i hope it does and im not sure though because it says that the button on the side only switches it from ring to silent
on my regular phone, you can go into the settings menu to do vibrate; perhaps "silent" on the iPhone won't mean "vibrationless" if you don't want it to.

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
No need for it

I use the vibrate feature on my phone a lot and was worried that the iPhone wouldn't have it.

I then realised that the only time I have it on vribrate is when I am listening to my iPod because I can't hear the ring over the music. The iPhone takes care of this problem no worries!

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Apple iPhone 4GB – Cell Phone Core Features
  • Calendar - Yes
  • Vibrate - Yes
  • Phonebook Capacity - Limit of Available Memory
this source states that the iPhone has the vibrate funct.
http://www.wirefly.com/catalog/Cingular_Wireless/Apple/iPhone/
I would take Wirefly's feature list with a grain of salt. They also say the iPhone has "Voice-driven Menus."

IMHO, until it is on Apple's iPhone spec list page, it is just speculation.

Apr 17, 2007
I wouldn't trust firefly's list either, that seemed to be more of a wish list than anything. However I do think they're going to have a vibrate function. I mean, how could they not? And its not like vibrate would be so hard to build in. If it were, every cell phone in America wouldn't have vibrate.