Video: Belkin Grip Vue iPhone 4 Case Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by dinosaur1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I think I should try to get one of these. I'm getting and SGP full body skin do you think I can use the full body skin with this case?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Yes, you can. I've got a full review going up in a few.

3. srjeffery

srjeffery Member
    Bronze

love it as well. picked it up friday, and the longer i've had it the more i like it. IS on front. total protection.

4. joeg679

joeg679 Member
    Bronze

Is it the type of cast that would scratch over time if you put it down on a table. I hate those clear cases that get scuffed up and get hazy.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

There were three threads on this case, so I've consolidated them into one.

6. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I ended up picking up this case on Friday. I agree, the buttons were a little stiff at first. But they've softened a bit. Especially the sleep/wake button. The heat here in AZ might have helped a bit too. ;-)

So far I've been very happy with the case. I haven't had much trouble accessing the vibrate switch yet.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Bought the case this morning. Nice.

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The contrarian review is now live.

#28 chris, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  9. wildturkey

wildturkey Member
    Bronze

Taking pictures with a flash having this case on cause reflection and because of how thick the case is you can see the corner of the case in some pictures did anyone have this problem?

10. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

It does make them a little difficult to depress.

11. faithfulfatherof2

faithfulfatherof2 New Member
    Bronze

I have the Belkin Clear Vue and it is extremely similar to the iskin solo. I have the iskin solo fx for my 3GS and I like this case just as much if not more due to it being clear. I definitely recommend this case.

12. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

today i have started noticing that there are gaps between the edge of the case and the side of the iPhone - so when you hold it, you can feel the case depress onto the iPhone. I'm not 100% sure, but i don't think it was like that for the first few days. Regardless, i just can't live with that. it'll bug the heck outta me.

13. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Can't find the Solo online, but just ordered the Belkin today, so hope it lives up to everyone's description.

14. Nemeses

Nemeses Member
    Bronze

I used this case tonight I borrowed it from a co-worker that received his bumper today. I must say it peeled up a corner on my skin and I did find myself really pushing the lock button hard to get it to work. My overall is I didn't like it. But I've been sold on the bumper ever since I saw it. I like the exposed buttons and general fit. Mine will be in tomorrow I missed fed ex today. I'm aware of the charging dock situation but am cool with it.

15. srjeffery

srjeffery Member
    Bronze

because of the fit it's peeled up the corner of a perfectly installed invisible shield. i'm bummed. anyone else having this problem?

16. wildturkey

wildturkey Member
    Bronze

Yep same problem here I did a great job no bubbles left it over night then put the case on in the morning and my right corner in the front peeled and getting worse..... How long did you wait until you put your case on

I called zagg and put a claim in for replacement no problem just had to pay 3.25 for shipping and send the old one back with in 60 days

17. Micky!

Micky! Member
    Bronze

I bit the bullet and bought one of these for my White iPhone 4. Will post my findings when I get my device.

18. Nigely

Nigely Guest

Thanks for your review, Chris. :) I picked one at BestBuy last night. Overall it is a nice case. I am going to use a screen protector along with the cover. As i have had a LINK REMOVED that comes with screen protector from REMOVED. I might put the screen protector on and have the screen protected soon.

#38 Nigely, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  19. Bgimpie

Bgimpie New Member
    Bronze

I'm not a fan it kept pulling up my screen protector and buttons were hard to push but just my .2 cents I do like the feel o material though I think it's scratch resistance as well

20. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Member
    Bronze

Pretty good case. The power button gets easier to push after a week.

It didn't play nice with my front invisible shield though. I returned it because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app