Video for Instagram vs Vine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Have you used Vine, Twitter's app for creating and sharing short videos. Instagram basically borrowed that concept and added it to Instagram. Sure there are a few bells and whistles, along with their trademark filters (all new ones), but it's essentially the same.

Will you use Video for Instagram?

I used Vine once, just to check it out. I use Instagram photos often. The comfort zone of that app makes me think that I'll expand my sharing beyond photos. Vine wasn't sticky for me, but I think Instagram will change my view on video sharing.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
I literally just jumped on the Vine wagon last month, and I'm so happy Instagram introduced it today as an add-on feature to their app. I think they should have gave us a few more editing capabilities, but... 15 seconds! It's so much easier to manage one feed, plus I have a good amount of followers on Insta already and not very many on Vine... All and all I'm happy I can delete at least one more redundant app off of my phone. Adios Vine.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think most people (read: Facebook friends) get Instagram. I think it'll be easier to digest Instagram videos. I do wish there was a distinction in the share to indicate it was a video.

MrsIphone

May 21, 2010
Instagram video allows you to do more, and delete sections of the video! I think it's better than vine .

Sent using iCafe app

Mar 28, 2013
I personally think Instagram is a lot slower now with the videos. I used vine as well and enjoyed it. I think its better separated pictures from videos. So personally not a fan of the new instagram vids

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I use Vine since it started and prefer it over Instagram videos. 15 seconds is just too long for random videos of random people doing random things. I keep them separate. Vine for videos and Instagram for photos. I follow a good amount of people on IG and hardly anybody post videos. Maybe because a lot of the people I follow are self absorbed narcissists and all they want to do is take self portraits in different angles. 15 seconds of self videos would be a little awkward since that would require them to speak about something interesting. lol