Video Help

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Just wondering if there is anyway I can do this

I have a video in my iPod video section on my iPhone

Now i want to upload this video to twitvid through my iPhone but when you open twitvid it only gives you the option to upload video's that are in your camera roll

Is there anyway to get the video from the iPod video section into the camera roll?

Thanks, Ross

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Thanks for that, I don't get what you mean when you say by going to the bottom left corner and clicking where it said "DiskAid Folder"

Were abouts is that?

In iTunes?

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. You need to google DiskAid and download the program. They make it for Mac and PC. After install, open the program and then plug in your iPhone. Once you see the folders pop up in the left pane, to to the bottom left of the DiskAid program and click where it says "DiskAid Folder" then select "Media Folder." The left pane will have a "DCIM" folder-click it then click "100APPLE." You'll see your current camera roll image icons in the right pane. Drag and drop your Videos/Photos you want back in your camera roll to the right pane. Let the process complete and close the program and unplug your iPhone. Then check your camera roll on your iPhone to verify the videos are there.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Thanks

I tried what you said the video went into DiskAid to the place were you said but it doesn't show in my camera roll or anything I tried restarting the phone to see if it showed up but nothing

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Is the video you are trying to copy a video you recorded with your iPhone 3GS? I don't think it will work with any other format. I was able to do it with the 3.1 Beta2 software and I just downgraded back to 3.0 and still have no problem transferring and viewing the videos in my camera roll. The only other thing I can think of is when you imported the videos into iTunes, they were "optimized" for iPhone (or the iPod app for that matter) as I've noticed that videos played in the iPod app seem to have a different resolution compared to the fresh copies (original videos not imported to iTunes, but located on your hard drive).