Video icon from iPod touch for iPhone?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
My son has the ipod touch and he has a separate icon for video's and one for music. It seems on the iPhone these are combined in the ipod icon.

I would like to have the video icon like th ipod touch to quickly access the videos on my 3GS. Why did Apple not give the iPhone this option? Any way to put it on my iPhone?

See the picture to see what i am talking about.

Attachments

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
The iPod has both separate since it doesn't have many other functions, like the iPhone has messages, phone, and camera, so it's screen would look emptier. The iPhone needs them combined so it doesn't look cluttered. I always preferred the all in one place for the iPhone. The iPod is already an iPod so they don't need an app by the same name and the iPhone has one built in which is why it's the iPod app. That's probably a little confusing but that's how I see why they did it that way.

As for separating them into music and video, that's not an option for now. The only way you might be able to do it would be to jailbreak.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I just like the look of the video icon and fast access to videos.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I just like the look of the video icon and fast access to videos.
The only thing you can do right now is to close the ipod app with it on videos, that way when you open it the videos will be the first to show up. But it will probably end up resetting back to music eventually. There might be an app out there for just what you want I don't know of one though.