*Video included* What does my iPhone 4G need to work properly?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Z33Z00, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Z33Z00

Z33Z00 New Member

Hello iCafe people! I just joined and need help putting an iPhone 4G together. I bought it off a friend for cheap because he didn't know how to put it together. Basically he cracked his screen, tried to fix it, and couldn't put it back together.

Symptoms:
    •Backlight works
    •Home button works
    •Ribbon for Digitizer missing?

Things it's missing:
    •Back Cover
    •Sim card tray
    •Some screws?

Possibilites:
    •New LCD/Digitizer
    •New motherboard?

Video:

It's weird how the LCD/Digitizer screen only has 1 ribbon, is it possible the other one got cut off or ripped? Can I swap the LCD onto the other Digitizer or will I risk damaging the LCD? Don't worry about the battery flopping around in the video, I still have a 3GS but an upgrade would be nice.

Basically what do I need to make this thing working again and if it's minor, I'll just order the parts off eBay or somewhere. I just want to get it functioning as in touchscreen and display, not making phone calls yet. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks!

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Bahaha! ...as I already discovered on a different forum, he means an iPhone 4.

Have you checked the parts tear down and tutorials at ifixit.com?

3. Z33Z00

Z33Z00 New Member

Hello again haha. Yes I saw the tutorial and I understand how to reassemble everything. I also learned that the screen must come with the LCD attached to it due to the super glue between them.

4. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm kind of everywhere. LOL

Best of luck getting it working.