Video of iPhone 6 Dummy vs iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by chris, May 12, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Yet another dummy iPhone 6, this time it is stacked up against an iPhone 5s. I suppose this is interesting to see the difference in size. These mockups, 3D prints and so on are growing old. In any event, figured I'd share the latest video making the rounds.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm loving this more and more. I haven't been this excited about a new iPhone in a long time. I want that larger screen. Gimme gimme gimme!

I know they only had an iOS 7 "screen" to use for the mockup, but I hope and trust that Apple will resize the icons in iOS 8 (slightly smaller, or keep the iOS 7 icon size) and perhaps give us five columns on the springboard now that there will be plenty of room.

giphy.gif

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If you don't mind, Chris, I'd like to include another video that compares the iPhone 6 mockup to the fifth-generation iPod Touch.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The more the merrier. (y)

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I love this 3D printing of speculative iPhone 6 models

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post about making the icons smaller and adding at least another column to the springboard as the screen gets larger. Add additional icons to the dock seems to be a no-brainer as well.

iphone-6-mockup-edit.jpg

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I know it's nothing more than a concept, but did you notice how there's less edge space on the biggest model there? I still can't get over how odd that degree of edge-to-edge display looks. It would be awkward to use the areas on the edge with a case. You'd have to tap them at an angle.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

In the concept, I'd shrink the icons ever so slightly on the 5.5" model to account for this.

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The icons look bunched together in this concept. Look at the spacing on the iPhone 5s.

I think we'll get a slightly slimmer bezel, but still one that is noticeable.