Video of iPhone 6 Dummy vs iPhone 5s

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yet another dummy iPhone 6, this time it is stacked up against an iPhone 5s. I suppose this is interesting to see the difference in size. These mockups, 3D prints and so on are growing old. In any event, figured I'd share the latest video making the rounds.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm loving this more and more. I haven't been this excited about a new iPhone in a long time. I want that larger screen. Gimme gimme gimme!

I know they only had an iOS 7 "screen" to use for the mockup, but I hope and trust that Apple will resize the icons in iOS 8 (slightly smaller, or keep the iOS 7 icon size) and perhaps give us five columns on the springboard now that there will be plenty of room.

giphy.gif

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
This is what I was talking about in my earlier post about making the icons smaller and adding at least another column to the springboard as the screen gets larger. Add additional icons to the dock seems to be a no-brainer as well.

iphone-6-mockup-edit.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This is what I was talking about in my earlier post about making the icons smaller and adding at least another column to the springboard as the screen gets larger. Add additional icons to the dock seems to be a no-brainer as well.

View attachment 36771
I know it's nothing more than a concept, but did you notice how there's less edge space on the biggest model there? I still can't get over how odd that degree of edge-to-edge display looks. It would be awkward to use the areas on the edge with a case. You'd have to tap them at an angle.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I know it's nothing more than a concept, but did you notice how there's less edge space on the biggest model there? I still can't get over how odd that degree of edge-to-edge display looks. It would be awkward to use the areas on the edge with a case. You'd have to tap them at an angle.
In the concept, I'd shrink the icons ever so slightly on the 5.5" model to account for this.