Video on iPhone

Oct 15, 2008
Right, i got this handbrake thingy, ive ripped the dvd, ive put it on iTunes but it will NOT sync with iPhone, this is driving me nuts. Can anyone tell me how to do it? if it can be done, if not, can someone please tell me so! Thanks, Jon.

Aug 11, 2007
With the iPhone connect, go to the Video Tab, and under Movies, make sure it is checked off to sync movies and make sure the movie is in the list and checked, then click Apply and it should sync.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Okay ... I will help you ... Let's Begin:

Step 1 - Insert Desired DVD Movie (I just inserted The Blues Brothers :))

Step 2 - Open Handbrake (I am using Version 0.9.2)

Step 3 - Select The DVD from the Open Dialogue that Pops up ... Just Click the DVD and then hit Okay.

Step 3 - Look to the Top Right of the Interface You will see a button called "Toggle Presets" ... Click It and a drawer will open to the right of the interface.

Step 4 - Click the Preset for iPhone/iPod Touch

Step 5 - Click The "Start" Button on the Top Left of the interface

Step 6 - Grab a Beverage or Something to Entertain you during the encoding Process oh BTW - This would be a good time to take a look at the destination file location "Middle Of The Interface." -- In a better how to I would have set this to save to your Desktop.

Step 6 - Drag and Drop the YourMove.mp4 file into iTunes

Step 7 - Plug your iPhone/iPod Touch into the computer and double check that you have movie syncing correctly set up. I have mine set to manual and check the movies I want to Sync.

Step 8 - Sync

Hope this Helps.

8 Steps is better than 12 I suppose ;-)

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I have discovered that if I RIP a DVD to the wrong settings, it will not copy over to the iPhone.