Video phone calls

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
You know how whenever we watch a movie about the future, how everyone has those phones that actually show a video the person talking? Well, I'll bet money that Apple will be the first to actually make this happen. As soon as they can get fast internet working properly with the battery, they'll design an iPhone with the video camera lense on the front and supply a little kick-stand for the iPhone, and then people will just put their iPhones on a table and let it film them while talking while the listener does the same. What do you think?

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
You know how whenever we watch a movie about the future, how everyone has those phones that actually shows a video the person talking? Well, I'll bet money that Apple will be the first to actually make this happen. As soon as they can get fast internet working properly with the battery, they'll design an iPhone with the video camera lense on the front and supply a little kick-stand for the iPhone, and then people will just put their iPhones on a table and let it film them while talking while the listener does the same. What do you think?
I say MWSF 2008, if not then WWDC 2008. But that is just my o
opinion.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
You know how whenever we watch a movie about the future, how everyone has those phones that actually shows a video the person talking? Well, I'll bet money that Apple will be the first to actually make this happen. As soon as they can get fast internet working properly with the battery, they'll design an iPhone with the video camera lense on the front and supply a little kick-stand for the iPhone, and then people will just put their iPhones on a table and let it film them while talking while the listener does the same. What do you think?
we will see what happens. Only time will tell

genexrocket

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
We've had the technology for cellphones to do that for a while now, it's just that,,, do you really want to have visual contact with a person over the phone every time? People won't want to lose the convenience of talking over the phone without actually seeing them... imo, it won't be adopted anytime soon..

lilo

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Do not bet your money

Well, I'll bet money that Apple will be the first to actually make this happen.
You do know that Apple is just a beginner in the cell phone market right? iPhone design is a few years behind modern phones (not in all respects obviously). If you want to have a phone with video calls, just buy the phone that does it, like Nokia N95 (http://www.nseries.com/products/n95/index.html#l=products,n95) or Nokia 5700 Xpress Music (http://review.zdnet.com/cell-phones/nokia-5700-xpress-music/4505-6454_16-32469602.html?tag=pdtl-list). The problem with these models though is that they are designed for Europe and will not support video calls on US networks (which are also a few years behind Europe and Aisa :(). In fact none of US carriers support video calling yet (http://www.pctoday.com/Editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2006/t0409/04t09/04t09.asp&guid=)

iPhone does not even support 3G which is required for Video Calling (many phones in US do support it).

So if you want to look cool (like in movies) go to Europe and play with this :)

Clayfree

Jul 3, 2007
You know how whenever we watch a movie about the future, how everyone has those phones that actually show a video the person talking? Well, I'll bet money that Apple will be the first to actually make this happen. As soon as they can get fast internet working properly with the battery, they'll design an iPhone with the video camera lense on the front and supply a little kick-stand for the iPhone, and then people will just put their iPhones on a table and let it film them while talking while the listener does the same. What do you think?
HTC's been doing this for a while. Hi res camera for photos and lower res mpeg4 camera by screen for conferencing. Look up the HTC universal.