Video quality

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nur2652

Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
The phone as all othersshoots great videos, however why and how do I improve the quality of videos after they are sent? Either email, text message, or Dropbox whatever, they look awful. I gotta be missing Something, video can't go from perfect to awful quality. Thanks and happy new year to all.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
The phone as all othersshoots great videos, however why and how do I improve the quality of videos after they are sent? Either email, text message, or Dropbox whatever, they look awful. I gotta be missing Something, video can't go from perfect to awful quality. Thanks and happy new year to all.
The videos are compressed automatically when sending through text and email to reduce the file size. If you want the full quality, you need to move them to your PC. Happy New Year Nur262 :)

Nur2652

Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
Thanks but to move to pc it only loads in 1 min incriments? It says file to large? I must be doing something wrong? Thanks

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Nur2652, I found this:

iMovie works great also for uploading 1080p video directly from your iPhone to YouTube. Here is a video I made showing how to do it. I chose iMovie over filmic because you can choose videos out of your camera roll and you don't have to record them directly from the iMovie app like you have to do with filmic.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Texting will compress it. It will greatly compress it if it's long (more than a minute). The longer the video, the crappier it will look.

DropBox compresses them, but it's not as bad and you can change the upload video quality in the app's settings. The best way to share videos is to upload them to DropBox (or Google Drive) with a high quality setting and send the link.

image.jpg