Video Recording for iPhone, is it worth it?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Anyone who has purchased the iPhone video recording app. Is it worth the $19.95, is the $24.95 better, or should I just wait for SDK at this point. They may have something similar or doubtfully but maybe iPhone has it planned in an upgrade. I have heard from others hear you can send straight to your iflickr account.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I suggest you wait at least till monday for the keynote. The 2.0 fw might be released then and I think it would be wise to wait a little bit to see if a video recorder is available (and for cheaper). Im not sure but i thought i heard somewhere that uShow was going to be available on the appstore, and that it will be able to upload to youtube, facebook, myspace, friendster, flikr, metacafe, and photobucket (that part is on the website, www.ushow.com )

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
buying jailbroken apps = a gamble to begin with

buying apps this week = especially not a good idea, for noted reasons.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I know, I guess I should be patient and wait it out, I just really liked this app and it worked great for me. But I know it's only a matter of days now so i shall try and be patient. That's just a very difficult thing for me to do sometimes. I was just wondering if anyone else had bought it and had it been worth it.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Wait it out...I still have the demo, and I like it, but I'll wait to buy one when the app has a much better frame rate.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Yeah, firmware 2.0 should have video recording by default. Also the new iPhone I expect to have an updated camera with better fps.

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Anyone who has purchased the iPhone video recording app. Is it worth the $19.95, is the $24.95 better, or should I just wait for SDK at this point. They may have something similar or doubtfully but maybe iPhone has it planned in an upgrade. I have heard from others hear you can send straight to your iflickr account.
I sent you a PM.

Sep 15, 2007
Yeah, firmware 2.0 should have video recording by default. Also the new iPhone I expect to have an updated camera with better fps.
fw 2.0 has nothing new except the appstore and security changes.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Well I'd say wait for uShow but drunknbass has been stringing us all along since November so I think people are getting bored and using different apps. For the moment the dreamcatcher one is the best out there, but who knows what the SDK will bring...

Maysrome

Bronze
Mar 31, 2008
i went ahead and bought it. I like it, it seems to work pretty well.
except the direct upload to youtube,
i've had difficulties with that.

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
if you don't want to buy it i know i have read about there being a hacked version of it so you get the same exact program, does all the same things. but i don't know how reliable it is. i would say just wait the couple of days until the release on july 11.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
guys its not that hard, just follow this video on youtube, as long as you know how to ssh, you can get unlimited iPhonevideorecorder for FREE.

i have it, it works, and you are welcome

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
theres a camcorder app? is it legit? tell me how to get it.........

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
install iPhoneVideoRecorder and then follow the video to get unlimited recording. if you don't do that you only get max of 30 sec recordings.

phatcamaro

Jul 4, 2008
The creators of this aren't going to be happy, but DO NOT pay for this app, because unless your the holyest person every youtube: how to get iPhone video recorder free (or something close to that). Because there is a source that has this app completly free you don't even need to SSH it will just install like a normal app. I cant remember the source, but it will say that the source is not trusted, but it works with no problems and you can record for an hour and the file size wont be any bigger than 60mb

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Awesome, that crack is really useful.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Video

Really like this App. I upload videos to Zannel via email and it posts the videos to my FaceBook/MySpace/Twitter accounts. Just have to put the Zannel player on your pages and activate Twitter on the Zannel website. The videos are playable on the iPhone if you select the link via Twitter.

Edit:
There is also a cracked version of this on the MCI repo. iPhone Video Recorder Full 1.2.0x.

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
worked for me too! I feel kinda bad, tho.:cool:
well don't feel bad, there asking $20 for this app, if u feel bad about $20, what about your jailbroken iPhone? do u feel bad that u hacked it? i'm just giving u a hard time, Happy Modding:laugh2: