Video recording is finally here (beta)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Yes I saw. I really like it. It takes really good quality. Can't wait to be able to save the videos and sound and unlimited recording.

I

iphone

İ really appreciate what the hackers are doing. They found İradio now this, a Video app. Wow
İ really want to watch Tv on my İphone and i cannot wait for this app. Hope someone finds out how.

I

iphone

By the way i installed the video app on my windows xp. Can some one tell me how to put it in my iPhone and activate it pls?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Wow, I checked it out and was impressed with the quality of the video. Can't wait till it allows saving of the video file.

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
How do you install this great sample app? Thank you!
You first have to download it from the author's blog, which requires registration.

You then unzip it and copy it ("it" being Drunknbass.app) to your /Applications folder, give it execute permissions, restart the springboard and it'll be ready to go.

--
Mike

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
hey all,
does anyone know if this only works with Mac. I downloaded it on Vista. zipped and copied and the icon is there but I just get a black screen for 5 secs then goes back to main screen? Any ideas.
Thanks

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
hey all,
does anyone know if this only works with Mac. I downloaded it on Vista. zipped and copied and the icon is there but I just get a black screen for 5 secs then goes back to main screen? Any ideas.
Thanks
The app should work fine on Windows. After you copy the application, you need to set permissions to 755 for it to work.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention I did get an error when I unzipped the file. Not sure why.
Not sure why you're getting an error when unzipping. Try downloading the file from MMI (you'll need an account):
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1670

Once extracted, you'll need to chmod the file "Drunknbass" to 0755.

So do you need to have it jailbroken for this app or can you do it with a un-broken phone ?
Yes, you need to have a jailbroken phone.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
ok so how do i downgrade my phone to 1.1.1. after I already have 1.1.2. installed i guess i'll keep my phone at 1.1.1. i miss my 3rd party apps. Does jailbreakme.com still work for phones using 1.1.1. or did they block that out too?

Nov 28, 2007
hey all,
Thanks

I'm using Vista with WinSCP, no problem here. You need to reset the permissions of the drunknbass.app folder and the files inside that folder to 0755. Assuming your using WinSCP and have copied the drunknbass.app folder to the Application directory on the iPhone, right click on the drunknbass.app folder and select "Properties." Then reset the permissions to 0755. Do the same with the 2 files inside the drunknbass.app folder (Info.plist & Drunknbass). Then reset the springboard or reboot the iPhone and you should be good to go.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
WOW! All he has to do now is extend the time with a variable, wrap it in a skin with start and stop buttons and configure a save function. Yep, that's all.. (much easier for him than the rest of us I suspect, but Tinman could probably do it...) :laugh2:

Very cool app! Kudos! :cool: