Video Sharing for the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

miketout

Jun 30, 2007
Seattle and Prague
We run a new video sharing and social networking site that goes up to high-def for web video sharing. Can someone try to watch this Red Hot Chili Peppers video(http://www.webfives.com/itemviewer.aspx?nid=d92abefore9b-f4dd-238f-3c93-ee79c0c1a270) with a new iPhone to see if they can play the video? On a good wifi connection, you should get very high quality video. On an Edge connection, it should be great for Edge, which isn't "great". If this works, then our entire video sharing service is already iPhone enabled, with all shared videos, uploaded or sent in, being viewable on the iPhone as well as PCs, Macs, and just about any phone that can stream. We have heard that videos are being blocked, and as we don't have an iPhone yet, we'd really appreciate someone trying it.
Thanks,
Mike

Dusty

Jul 1, 2007
It wont work. Your player is in flash, and iPhone does not support flash. The only way you can make it work is if you converted the videos to 3GP

miketout

Jun 30, 2007
Seattle and Prague
Hi Dusty,
Thanks for Checking. Actually, it is only in Flash on Intel Macs and PCs. We do stream all videos in H.264 and MPeg4 as well, and that is working on PPC Macs because they don't play high quality flash video well at all. It looks like there is another option for embedding that we will need to use. We're currently using rtsp streaming for the iPhone, and it seems we may need to embed the video file in the page. We should have it working in the next day as long as it's only a technical issue.
Thanks,
Mike

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Videos

The only way I found so far to "share" a personal video is to put it on my .mac web page and send the address. It will play very well in Safari.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
:pOops, I guess I didn't read the comment too well.
The webfives' streaming video is a no-go for me.

spideybry

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Philly
My Dotmac has been acting funny, i think a good way of doing this is puttin the videos after theyve been encoded for ipod on a server as a RSS video feed, that seems to work, but i cant upload ne videos, i cna only watch others =/