*video* shows "ringtones" tab in iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
It's not showing that in the new demo videos. Maybe we just haven't seen it yet.
well, if the general consensus is that the 80GB 'typo' was due to them using an iPod, wouldn't it stand to reason that the tabs also reflect an iPod being plugged in and not an iPhone?

i'm just playing devils advocate here...in the end i couldn't care less about ringtones.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I have xingtone...I bought it at an Apple store too :]

You cut your own MP3s on your comp then it sends a link in a text that you open and it downloads the tone! :]

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
lol. i normally bluetooth the ringtones to my current phone...im hoping there will be a way to get my own songs onto a ringtone, mainly because lots of the music i listen to isn't mainstream i guess.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
well, if the general consensus is that the 80GB 'typo' was due to them using an iPod, wouldn't it stand to reason that the tabs also reflect an iPod being plugged in and not an iPhone?

i'm just playing devils advocate here...in the end i couldn't care less about ringtones.
Yes it does. If they were using an 80 GB iPod to make the demo, then it would not have included a ringtone tab. You're exactly right. Who knows? Maybe they'll release another demo tomorrow about ringtones. It wouldn't surprise me. It seems like they want to whip all of us into a frenzy this week anyway.:laugh2:

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I think I'm over the how "ringtone" thing. I used to be in to that but it really dosent apeal to me anymore. I don't know if I just matured out of it but I just find people that have annoying ass songs for their ringtones really pisses me off. I just use the good old Continental ringer on my Razr these days.;)

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Yeah, I don't really care about ringtones. Granted, I'm picky bout having a non-obtrusive ringtone like a chirp or something like that. I was so happy when I managed to find song ringtones that work for me. I have Canon in D for my main ring tone and the Looney Tunes theme song for when hubby or home calls. Otherwise, it's impossible to find decent "ringing" ring tones.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007

im sure in this demo they were using an 80gb ipod disguised (via software) as an iPhone... just my thoughts.

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
We already pay for the music, now on top of that we have to pay for ringtones? the bs never stops

I don't think it's BS. Why would you assume because you'd paid for a piece of music in one format that it would automatically be free to you in another format? If you go to the movies and pay to see the movie, do you go to the video store 3 months later and expect them to hand you a free copy of the DVD? I could just see it now, they'll up the charge of songs so that you get a ringtone version plus the original. OY! No thanks.

mcnearcj

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
While no one can be sure what really happened unless Apple decides to tell us. Why would they use an ipod when they sure as hell have the iPhone handy to create a demo for the iPhone. I dunno, I don't care if they sell ring tones as long as they allow me to use my own created ringtones as well.