video wallpaper is here!

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
has anyone tried the new vWallpaper. right now its only a test and it only plays 1 video but its got potential. the only problem i noticed with it is that when you are on your home screen the screen doesn't trun off, i guess it acts like something is being done by the user so the auto-lock doesn't kick in. im going to play around with it to see if i can replace its video with a custom video of mine. i will report back.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Just installed it, AWESOME........

Here's the source http://i.danstaface.net

It's called vWallpaper.
The only one on it right now, is an exploding fireball behind your icons.
SO COOL ........:cool:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
this is soo sweet! I can't wait till there are more choices or you can use your own video. Anyways I duno if I'm gone be able to use it until after some of the bugs are worked out because when I enable it on my phone and then for enstance pull up safari to do a little EIC browsing my touch screen won't work. Any suggestions?

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Yeah, it's a little buggy. Has great potential, though.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
ok so i found where the movie is located. applications/vWallpaper.app/library/skrew/videos and the movie is fire.mov. i deleted it and replaced it with my own fire.mov but its still the original fireball that shows up. i double and tripple checked to make sure that it was my movie that i uploaded. i did a respring to the springboard and i even did a hard restart and still the original movie, that i deleted, plays. weird. guess il do a little more snooping around. if anyone knows what the solution might be that would be great and if i find the solution will let you guys know

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
this is soo sweet! I can't wait till there are more choices or you can use your own video. Anyways I duno if I'm gone be able to use it until after some of the bugs are worked out because when I enable it on my phone and then for enstance pull up safari to do a little EIC browsing my touch screen won't work. Any suggestions?
ya i had that problem too you just need to do a hard reset and everything works perfect again

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
This little app is great and everything has worked well for me. Can't wait for other animations!

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
ok i figured out how to change the video. you need to replace fire.mov with your own fire.mov in both applications/vWallpaper.app/library/skrew/videos/ and library/skrew/videos/ you just need to upload the same video in both locations and make sure that it is called fire.mov all lowercase

H

Hayesimus

wow this is so cool. i'll have to check it out. Can someone make a quick video and post it on youtube or something and show us? My only concern is that it will reduce battery life.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i was also concered about battery life but it doesn't seem bad so far. the video only plays on the home screen and when im using my phone im not on the home screen that much. il make a video on youtube now il post the link here when done.

H

Hayesimus

see thats what i was curious about. Is it ALWAYS running in the background? Does it show on the lock screen?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
its not on the lock screen and so far it doesn't seem to run in the back ground. my battery doesn't seem to have drained any faster than ususal since i have installed.
im having trouble uploading a video to youtube so if someone else could do that for hayes and other people that would be great

H

Hayesimus

yes. i'd appreciate it. I'm wanting to see what it looks like before i install it. I may wait til they expand on the idea

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
also. It would be nice if the icon it came with wasn't the same as iapp a days wallpaper app icon.

H

Hayesimus

i usually make my own icons anyway.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
hey i just now downloaded this app and it came with 2 different movies for the wallpaper, one is the fireball one you described and the other is the one of a drop of water falling into a puddle and then it shows the ripple effect. both are really cool. and i noticed at the bottom of the application settings screen it has a todo list including a way to share videos online. i think that will be awesome.

EDIT: the only thing i hate about this is if you have it enabled and are listening to music, then go to the home screen, it stops the music =[

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
hey guys i went to the developers website, and they already made their own video and it demonstrates the video i was describing and one that isn't available to us yet.

H

Hayesimus

sweet. yes if you can put your own vids back there it would be amazing

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
hey i just now downloaded this app and it came with 2 different movies for the wallpaper, one is the fireball one you described and the other is the one of a drop of water falling into a puddle and then it shows the ripple effect. both are really cool. =[
That's strange, I just installed it and mine only came with the fireball movie. Anyone know where I can get the water drop from?

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
That's strange, I just installed it and mine only came with the fireball movie. Anyone know where I can get the water drop from?
Refresh sources, a new update for vWallpaper is out.
It's version 0.3
Has fire video and water drip video now.