Video Watching via iPod = screen unresponsive

argeleri

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
San Francisco
I have a iPhone 3Gs 32gig and I've noticed that when I watch movies on my iPhone via the ipod app, the screen becomes unresponsive. It won't show the controls (play, stop, done, scrub) when I tap on the screen when the movie is playing. It will show up eventually after numerous attempts of tapping the screen (could be mins). However, it does detect when I double tap and zooms in/out. Is anyone else suffering from the same problem? Is the iPhone processor getting taxed to the point where it can't detect screen presses? Is anyone else having the same problem?

Btw, I am nowhere near the max amount of storage space on my iPhone (using maybe 5 gigs). Also restarts don't seem to help.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Is this happening with the same video over and over or with every video you watch? I don't think the problem is the processor getting used up since you said it detects the double taps.

argeleri

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
San Francisco
Yep every movie I watch. This is including the ones I've rented directly from the app store.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Hmmm.. I don't know what to tell you. I will tell you that a restore may fix it but you will need to restore as a new phone, which will delete your texts history and calls.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I can talk for myself and tell you that it doesn't happen to me. I have a 3GS 16GB.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
That's new to me as well and I have probably 15 movies and 20 music videos on mine. Every time I tap the screen responds.

argeleri

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
San Francisco
Cool thanks for the response guys, looks like i'm heading to the Apple store this weekend.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Try
1) Press the home button and power button at the same time and continue to hold them until the unit powers off and the Apple reappears, then release the buttons. This is some sort of reset.

2) Have you tried to Restore as new phone?

Good luck!

Apr 18, 2009
Mine does the the same thing. When I'm watching a video the screen will zoom in and out. But the screen controls don't show up.
I have a 32gig.