Video: Zune HD vs iPhone 3GS

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For those who are curious about what's happening on the dark side.....

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Awesome un-boxing. That looks like a cheeky bit of geek-gadgetry. I might have to invest in something like this. As a second to my 3GS obviously.

Thanks for the insight.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks. Canon makes a mean video camera.

At the current pace, I'm thinking the Zune HD will be finished syncing by next week sometime. It's like watching paint dry.

Hardware is pretty amazing. Interested to test it out. I moved all my MP3's to an external drive that I'm sharing between iTunes (mac) and Zune software (bootcamp Vista install).

Took a few tries to get it to even recognize the Zune. It had to install drivers and restart. Really? You'd think they would install those when you install Zune software.:dft008:surprised

After I picked it up, my Nano's battery crapped out and the iPhone 3GS refused to access my Gmail account.

Downloaded all the apps (which isn't many at all) and syncing pretty much my entire music collection, save for a few GB of crap.

I dream of an iPhone nano that looks like this...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Your camers is obviously very good, it showed your intro vdeo perfectly. It looks really nice. It seems they've copied the iPod Touch (sort of) design.

What are the earbuds like, I know stock earbuds aren't usually the best.

Thanks again for the video.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
your table is very loud.
Is that a good thing?

Your camers is obviously very good, it showed your intro vdeo perfectly. It looks really nice. It seems they've copied the iPod Touch (sort of) design.

What are the earbuds like, I know stock earbuds aren't usually the best.

Thanks again for the video.

Haven't tried them out yet. Did the unboxing, software update and now the sync process. From what I've read, they are standard earphones. I think they offer a premium headset, but it's not included. I have a good in-ear set that I picked up from Costco for $20. They've been good enough for me. Should invest in a good pair.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The browser is IE 6 based, need I say more. Very disappointing and doesn't come close to Safari or Palm's webOS browser. Games are good and I can see a lot of potential there.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
any BSODs yet?

Last edited by a moderator: