VideoGame Systems?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
We have a Wii in our house. I am a 36 year old mom-it is really my kids and husband who play it the most. My kids bought it with help from Dad with their birthday money. (They felt sad after the Xbox died:()

I suck at games, but it is fun to play the Wii for a few mintues now and then.

The kids also have Nintendo DS lites.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
We have a Wii in our house. I am a 36 year old mom-it is really my kids and husband who play it the most. My kids bought it with help from Dad with their birthday money. (They felt sad after the Xbox died:()

I suck at games, but it is fun to play the Wii for a few mintues now and then.

The kids also have Nintendo DS lites.
when you bought the wii did u have to wait in line a long time? When I bought the nintendo wii I had to wait in line for almost 2 hours and that was months after the system came out

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've got a bit of a thing for games. I've got all the old school systems (NES, SNES, N64, Sega and such) as well as an XBOX 360, PS3, PSP, and a Wii. Of all of them, I think I've gotten the most joy out of the N64 (Super Mario 64 is where it's at, and Goldeneye) but I can't wait for Grand Theft Auto 4 for the PS3.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I've got a bit of a thing for games. I've got all the old school systems (NES, SNES, N64, Sega and such) as well as an XBOX 360, PS3, PSP, and a Wii. Of all of them, I think I've gotten the most joy out of the N64 (Super Mario 64 is where it's at, and Goldeneye) but I can't wait for Grand Theft Auto 4 for the PS3.
I agree golden eye for the n64 was a good game

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It is definitely my favorite 1st person shooter game of all time. I still play it now more than most of the other games I have. It's just so fun. It will surely change after GTA4 hits the shelves though.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
when you bought the wii did u have to wait in line a long time? When I bought the nintendo wii I had to wait in line for almost 2 hours and that was months after the system came out
OMG, my son and I waited inside walmart for 2 and a half days to get the Wii...we were the first ones in line....but we waited outside AT&T for 2 and a half days for iPhones and were also first in line then too!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Wii, and PSP. I didn't wait at all for my Wii. i woke up one day deciding that I wanted one and went to Best Buy and got it.

They told me there was one other store getting a shipment and that store was 200 miles away.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
mmmm. Goldeneye.... easily the best 1st person shooter ever...

It's literally the only one that doesn't make me nauseous.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
+1 for Golden Eye. Excellent 2 player deathmatch. Loved that game.

For me, xBox 360 and PS3. They get used mostly for movies more than gaming.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
No, I did not wait in line. I went to Dillard's to buy something and my husband took the girls to some store in the mall that sells games and game systems. He asked and they happeneded to have one! We just lucked out. I did not know they were hard to get. Everytime we go to Circuit City or Best Buy, they never have any.

I have to admit that I do not care for games much, but playing the Wii is really fun.:)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Goldeneye

My best memory is 2-player vs. action with rocket launchers in the cave level. In college, we used to set up a coax split to two tv's and we'd put cardboard over the respective portion on each screen so no cheating was allowed. We rarely got laid.

There was one point in the caverns where you could be at one end and see but one pixel of your enemy flashing on the waaaaay other side. Aim the rocket and blast his butt like 5 seconds later. So cool.... man, amost makes me want to Ebay an N64....

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
this topic kinda made me sad.

it has made me realize how little video-games i get to play since i've started college, and how far behind i am on systems.

over my lifetime i've had:
atari 2600
NES
SNES
GameBoy
Sega Game Gear
GameBoy Pocket
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance
Sony Playstation
Nintendo 64
Dreamcast
Playstation 2
GameBoy Advance SP
Nintendo DS(original gray)
PSP
Nintendo DS(lite)
A gaming computer

and that's it :<
no Wii, xbox, 360, or ps3(not that i want it)

for xmas i did ask for a Wii though.. and maybe i'll buy a 360? i dunno, i just really don't have too much time these days. the things that get played the most are my portable gaming devices so maybe i should just invest in some new games..

RAWR.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
^^A Wii should make you happy no matter what. Nintendo has got awesome games for it already.
yeah i've definitely spent some time with it, and its been fun~

the only game i'm REALLY looking forward to is Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

it will be the best game of all time!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wow, I'm hit with some nostalgia too... I've had

NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Gameboy Advanced
Sony PSP
PS1
PS2
Xbox
Xbox 360

The last one standing is my 360. The PS3 was too much money for a glorified Blu-Ray Player that so happens to play video games. :D I'm happy w/my 360, but contemplating getting a WII...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
yeah i've definitely spent some time with it, and its been fun~

the only game i'm REALLY looking forward to is Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

it will be the best game of all time!
OMG has anyone been to Best Buy lately. I thought I had hit the jackpot. They had sooooooo many new Wii games it was ridiculous. I went in to buy one thing and actually came out empty handed b/c I couldnt make a decision.

I had my nieces with me, and they were no help due to wanting every game they saw. I think I have to keep reminding them that the Wii is mine! :laugh2: