videohamster

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
did not try it just saw the video but if you watch again he bookmarks a web page think it is videohamster.com and then proceed to do what he does (computer voice guy) in the video

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
did not try it just saw the video but if you watch again he bookmarks a web page think it is videohamster.com and then proceed to do what he does (computer voice guy) in the video
didn't work for me seems a lot like iTransmogrify ... anywho just thought id let you know maybe there is a special link you gotta track down but i did not see it on videohamsters site

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I clicked on a flash video and clicked the videohamster.com bookmark like that guy did, but it's just a site where you enter a video URL and convert it to another format. I don't know how that guy got it to work like that. He has it working like iTransmogrify.(i'm not sure if you use it)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Gibby linked post ... is it worth it seems like some steps but this is how its done..

Step 1 Save this page in your Safari Browser on your iPhone or iPod as a Bookmark
To do so, click on the plus symbol in your browser (you maybe have to scroll this page a bit to the top to see the plus Button - it is on the top left)​

Step 2 Edit the bookmark
(only the red part has to be deleted from the URL)
To do so, click on the bookmark button on the bottom of this page - then click "edit", then click the bookmark itself and delete the first part...​

delete this red part: "videohamster.com/ipod/ipod.html?__"
Tip: If you're finished, the bookmark should begin with the word: Javascript....​

Step 3 Give your bookmark a name and save it.​

Step 4 Now you can visit any videopage (e.g. Youtube.com or myspace.com) and can chose any videoclip. To watch that clip, you then chose the bookmark you saved in step 3.
Yep! - the clip will now play on your iPhone/iPod (maybe after a short time of encoding).

Have fun!​

Depending on the length of your chosen video
it may take a while to play.​

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
That's Alex, the new voice for Leopard. So yeah, you're not wrong about it being a computer. I use it to read my news to me while I tidy up.

I've been using iTransmogrify myself, and much like this solution, PC users have to jump through a few hoops to sync this bookmark unfortunately.

fatih

Feb 29, 2008
i can not delete the part "videohamster.com/ipod/ipod.html?__"

Because in my bookmark, there is only the URL "videohamster.com"

somethin i did wrong ?

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
i can not delete the part "videohamster.com/ipod/ipod.html?__"

Because in my bookmark, there is only the URL "videohamster.com"

somethin i did wrong ?
That's exactly my case...I can't move the cursor to the left without deleting the hole thing. :(

duckcall

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
i just did it and it works perfect, all you need to do is delete everything before the word java and youll be good to go.

fatih

Feb 29, 2008
i just did it and it works perfect, all you need to do is delete everything before the word java and youll be good to go.
gibby71 said:
You have to save the book mark as it is then go back to bookmarks and hit edit to to be able to move the cursor to the part you want to remove.
I can NOT delete that part.There is NO part like that , because when I add videohamster.com as a bookmark, there is nothin like "ipod/ipod.html..." THE URL IS ONLY "videohamster.com" so what do I wrong ?

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
You have to save the book mark as it is then go back to bookmarks and hit edit to to be able to move the cursor to the part you want to remove.
But how can you just drag the cursor to the left without deleting other parts ?