videora converter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
i use dvd decrypter then videora everythings fine for me but for some reason i cant get the youtube videos off videora anyone else have suggestion and uhh the movie black hawk down it always convert to 51% and stop trouble shooting then saids error 100000 and i look it up it said that file does not exist that was the error is something wrong?

i tried re-converting the movie black hawk down like 3 times ardy same error always at 51% of conversion every other movie is fine i have room and all it just keeps saying the file doesn't exist well for sure outta all the movie this one is the longest

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
i use dvd decrypter then videora everythings fine for me but for some reason i cant get the youtube videos off videora anyone else have suggestion and uhh the movie black hawk down it always convert to 51% and stop trouble shooting then saids error 100000 and i look it up it said that file does not exist that was the error is something wrong?

i tried re-converting the movie black hawk down like 3 times ardy same error always at 51% of conversion every other movie is fine i have room and all it just keeps saying the file doesn't exist well for sure outta all the movie this one is the longest
I save the youtube vids to my pc, then use videora to convert. They save as a .flv file, I believe.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
i see the add-on/extension and what do i do am i suppose to see a file somewhere to click download?
Bottom right-hand corner of your firefox browser, while you watch the youtube video, you'll see an icon with an arrow pointing downward. Click on it and it will download the video you're watching. Then find it with videora and convert. Badda boom badda bing.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Their program has stopped working for some reason, maybe a copyright protection from youtube? Who knows, they use to work fast and flawless for me converting wise! :(

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
EVERYONE WHO USES VIDEORA..!

Do yourselves a huge favor and do a virus scan.

This software includes malware when downloaded.

If you want to search for the specific virus it is called "ContraVirus" and is listed as a severe threat to your system.

you can scan after you install and still keep the software, just remove the virus.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
EVERYONE WHO USES VIDEORA..!

Do yourselves a huge favor and do a virus scan.

This software includes malware when downloaded.

If you want to search for the specific virus it is called "ContraVirus" and is listed as a severe threat to your system.

you can scan after you install and still keep the software, just remove the virus.
Maybe that just happened with you? Anyone else here that uses videora get a virus with it? I didn't.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Maybe that just happened with you? Anyone else here that uses videora get a virus with it? I didn't.
I got it a while ago with an earlier version too.

I went to download it again yesterday and sure enough my virus protector went crazy and deleted it.

So I turned it off, downloaded the converter again, then ran the scan.

If you don't have a decent virus scanner, research the contra virus on google and figure out how to find it yourself. I can almost guarantee you all have it.

No matter which one of the mirrors I used, I still contracted it.

Anyone else care to find it?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I got it a while ago with an earlier version too.

I went to download it again yesterday and sure enough my virus protector went crazy and deleted it.

So I turned it off, downloaded the converter again, then ran the scan.

If you don't have a decent virus scanner, research the contra virus on google and figure out how to find it yourself. I can almost guarantee you all have it.

No matter which one of the mirrors I used, I still contracted it.

Anyone else care to find it?
ContraVirus is malware that installs the same named corrupt illegally distributed spyware remover to the system. It also displays an icon in the system tray. This icon shows a message saying that the compromised computer is infected with dangerous spyware and malware and asking the user to use a removal program - ContraVirus. The parasite is able to change the Internet Explorer default home page and redirect the web browser to malicious web sites. ContraVirus automatically runs on every Windows startup.

I don't have this. I looked up the registry values, etc. Nothing. Don't assume we have got what you got. Assumption is the mother of all F-ups.
Thanks, however, for the heads up!

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
ContraVirus is malware that installs the same named corrupt illegally distributed spyware remover to the system. It also displays an icon in the system tray. This icon shows a message saying that the compromised computer is infected with dangerous spyware and malware and asking the user to use a removal program - ContraVirus. The parasite is able to change the Internet Explorer default home page and redirect the web browser to malicious web sites. ContraVirus automatically runs on every Windows startup.

I don't have this. I looked up the registry values, etc. Nothing. Don't assume we have got what you got. Assumption is the mother of all F-ups.
Thanks, however, for the heads up!
I guess its just a crazy coincidence that I got it every time I downloaded it, as I downloaded it, and only when I downloaded it.

I could copy the locations if thatd mean anything to you.

jimbonbon

Apr 7, 2008
Not a coincidence...

I guess its just a crazy coincidence that I got it every time I downloaded it, as I downloaded it, and only when I downloaded it.

I could copy the locations if thatd mean anything to you.

Have been using Videora for a while now, on this computer and the last one... Neither ZoneAlarm not AdAware have ever given any kind of warning for ContraVirus files. However, have just started using Stopzilla this evening, and on the first scan, it comes up with 7 registry entries for ContraVirus, all related to Videora, and all located in: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Videora iPod Converter
These appear to be all legitimate install and uninstall files for the program.

This brings us to a point... ZoneAlarm is one of the best. And its never come up with a warning for ContraVirus, which I have obviously had since the install of Videora yonks ago, judging by the entries. However... I have also never had any problems from ContraVirus, so is it causing any harm currently? I would suspect this is something that ends up on everyones computer who downloads Videora.
The thing thats making me wonder, is whether it is simply an error on behalf of the scanning software that THINKS Videora is Spyware... possibly because it is partially web based? Even the .exe to install, and the .exe to uninstall Videora show up as ContraVirus in the scan...

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
''ContraVirus, also known as ExpertAntivirus is a fake Spyware, Trojan removal application known to give exaggerated reports of potential risks on a computer. It is downloaded without the users knowledge, if they click the pop-ups, with warnings to alarm users with the purpose of tricking them into buying it and redirects to the ContraVirus website. First known release was May 1, 2007.''

Funny thing is, I have also never had any problems with ContraVirus, not in the year or so using Videora... never had my home page jacked, or had random pop-ups or virus / spyware alerts from an unknown program.

Am confused personally... but think I will be uninstalling Videora for the time-being and doing a bit more searching.

Regards,

Jimmy G