Videos not playing through AV cable

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
dooesnt seem to play videos through the genuine Apple component av cable, it charges it ok but films wont play? anyone any ideas?

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Have you gone into Video settings and played with the TV settings yet?

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
nope getting mothing at all, when i attempt to play the video it justs plays on the iPhone like normal but not on tv, it normally comes up with a "do you want to display on tv" but this isn't happening anymore....

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
nope getting mothing at all, when i attempt to play the video it justs plays on the iPhone like normal but not on tv, it normally comes up with a "do you want to display on tv" but this isn't happening anymore....
If it doesn't show "out to TV?", that means your connection has a problem. Check to see if there is any pin bent or something.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
If it still plays on your iPhone when you plug it in to the cable and tv, and not on your tv, then I would agree that it is a connection problem, either in the cables or the iPhone.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Also if it is a cable for an iPod instead of the iPhone it wont work.

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
but the cable worked for a while so it deffo works on iPhone, what connections do i check?