videos to iPhone

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
ok, my moms cousin has an iPhone and she wants me to pt a video on her phone, but if i put the video on her phone, wont it delete her music ? and if she trys to to it at home it will delete the video because its not on here pc...so how can i get the video on her phone, without jailbreaking her phone

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
ok, my moms cousin has an iPhone and she wants me to pt a video on her phone, but if i put the video on her phone, wont it delete her music ? and if she trys to to it at home it will delete the video because its not on here pc...so how can i get the video on her phone, without jailbreaking her phone
Seems like you're pretty confused on how things work.
You can put the video (in .mp4 format) on a CD, DVD or portable drive, and she can import it in her iTunes, and from there sync it with her iPhone. And no, it's not going to replace her music.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
you can sync music pics movies ringtones podcasts and they are all in separate sections on iTunes sync section
we tried that earlier, but even if you try to separately sync them it says "all of the music and videos will be deleted and replaced with videos" or whichever section you are trying to sync. If that makes any sense.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
we tried that earlier, but even if you try to separately sync them it says "all of the music and videos will be deleted and replaced with videos" or whichever section you are trying to sync. If that makes any sense.
That happens when you try to sync your iPhone to a computer different than the one it was sync'd to in the first place. You can sync/merge cal/contact/mail/bookmarks to any computer, but anything else will be replaced by whatever is in iTunes on the "foreign" computer.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
That happens when you try to sync your iPhone to a computer different than the one it was sync'd to in the first place. You can sync/merge cal/contact/mail/bookmarks to any computer, but anything else will be replaced by whatever is in iTunes on the "foreign" computer.
Right that was basically his problem, he wanted to put just one video on someone elses iPhone from his computer . I thought he might be able to do that if he disabled auto sync and just manually added it but it doesn't work. Even if it did, that video would be deleted the first time that the owner of that iPhone autosyncd again with their own computer. This is the thing I hate the most about iTunes.