Vids not fully loaded, now stay as junk files

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by BenedictKs, Jun 11, 2014.

1. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

Hi,
    some weeks ago, I started to upload two vids from the iTunes store. When I closed the Ipad (2), the upload of the vids was stopped. Later, when opening it, I received the message "not enough storing space left".
    In the iTunes store, the two videos are still shown as downloads, but marked as Error. When I touch the little blue arrow, there´s another error after some seconds again (the error-arrow ;-)).
    I cannot use the function "edit", it leads to the same message.
    When opening the file "Videos", no current movie can be seen. There´s only an advice to load from the iTunes Store.
    So, what can I do to regain some storing space?
    Thanks!

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If you lack sufficient storage space, you'll have to start deleting items such as songs or videos in order to reclaim some extra room.

You can always check your available storage in Settings>General>About -- Available.

3. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

That's just what I tried to do., but as described above, I could not delete those videos. So how could I manage that?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Reboot the phone and then open the Video app. Press edit in the upper right corner and then press the X on the video.

5. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

i use IPad 2 and Not a phone. i cannot delete the VIPs by pressing edit, because there is always an error. Please read the Text above. Thanks, anyway.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Have you tried rebooting the iPad then?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I did read your post, I just accidentally said iPhone instead of iPad. It doesn't matter since they have the same set of troubleshooting steps. You didn't say that you rebooted before trying the edit function, so that was what I was asking you to do. Have you tried that now? If that doesn't work, do a hard reset. If you still get errors, I'll need to know if your iPad synced with a computer.

8. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

In the case of an Ipad, there is no x, but a button labelled 'delete'. But even after rebooting, this button was not working. It stays grey,which means 'not enabled'. :-(

9. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

How does a hard reset work, Europe? Sorry for being rude, I am bit fed up with this problem...

10. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

Btw, do those vids, which are only shown as downloads, but not in the video collection, effect the storage space at all? It may only be a false message, and not referring to real storage space?

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

To do a hard reset, hold both the top power button and the home button at the same time, until the Apple logo appears. Then release. If that does not help, wait for further instructions from Europa. She's a Genius.

12. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

Ok, thanks!
    i pressed the power button and the round one on the opposite side of the tablet (the one with a square on it) at the same time. After some seconds, the Apple logo appeared and I released. But sorry to say, it's the same sad story again.
    Those two vids are not fully shown, I cannot delete them, and I can't fully load one (although no message appears, why)

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

A hard reset is like pulling the battery on the device. Sometimes a reboot will not clear everything out.

14. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

Referring to your question, Europa: if synced means that the Ipad has been connected to my computer-no, it hasn't.

15. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

Does anyone know?

16. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

RoofMonkey, I _think_ that I have tried it with a hard reset. Am I right?

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You mentioned it said, "No storage space...". Check in your settings and tell us how much storage space you have available. Go to Settings>General>About Look where it says Available. It should show how many GB you have available.

18. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

Hi, it is 1,6GB left.

19. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

If it's a matter of storage, you could delete some things. Unused apps, music, photos. You can download Dropbox and store your photos there and delete them off your camera roll. If there is another issue, you might wait for other advise.

20. BenedictKs

BenedictKs New Member

Yeah, I know I can delete to regain some storage space. That's the reason I am trying to delete those vids...