Vids not fully loaded, now stay as junk files

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Referring to your question, Europa: if synced means that the Ipad has been connected to my computer-no, it hasn't.
Since you don't sync with a computer and can't delete them from iTunes on a Mac or PC, I would just temporarily free up some space on your iPad by deleting some apps, photos, videos or music. After a several GB are made available, go to the iTunes Store and finish downloading the two movies that you couldn't complete. Once downloaded, delete them and reinstall the media you temporarily removed.

Jun 11, 2014
Thanks for all your help, everybody!
Before I delete some apps, load those vids in order to delete them later:
Does anyone know whether it is sure that they need any storage space?
Could it be no more than a false announcement?
Just wondering, because they are shown under downloads, but not under videos.

Jun 11, 2014
By the way, I have just opened iTunes and found that one of those vids is marked as Being loaded.
Whatever that means...
Because, when I return to my uploads,there is still a message saying Error, and when I press repeat, it says 'video cannot been loaded'.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The storage space is now big enough for the SD version, but I started with the HD version. Guess I have to delete even more stuff!?
Yes. Free up enough space for the HD video, sync it and then delete it and add your temporarily deleted apps/media back on.

Jun 11, 2014
Yes. Free up enough space for the HD video, sync it and then delete it and add your temporarily deleted apps/media back on.
*sigh*! I have deleted loads of apps, many of those I paid for, and have now more than 5 GB storage space. But none of those vids will start. It's still this bloody message again ('video can not been loaded momentarily')
To be exact: it is 5.7GB and the HD version needs 3.15 resp. 3.60

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
To the OP: try doing a hard reset (mentioned above in the thread) three times in a row, consecutively. Sometimes, this clears out some cache on the device. After you do this, then try to delete the videos. It's a long shot, but worth a try...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
*sigh*! I have deleted loads of apps, many of those I paid for, and have now more than 5 GB storage space. But none of those vids will start. It's still this bloody message again ('video can not been loaded momentarily')
To be exact: it is 5.7GB and the HD version needs 3.15 resp. 3.60
You can reload all of your apps for free. Once you pay for an app, it's free to download again. I think you could fix this in iTunes if you synced with a computer. Since you don't, I would just removed all data and content and then apply your iCloud backup. This is basically a restore from backup. If the space is not freed afterwards, restore to factory settings.

Jun 11, 2014
Thanks, Europa!
i think what I will do is this: buy myself another Ipad with more storage space, set everything back to factory settings on the old tablet and load the apps over the app store on the newer one as suggested.
Basically, the problem occurred because I have not enough storage space, is this right?
So how is the reset to factory settings done?

@jmp: So kind of you, and I did what you suggested. I feel bit like a fool, but...no. It is just the same as before, the vids can not be deleted, because whenever I press edit, the thumbnail is shown to only two third and when I press the blue arrow, a window opens saying it can not be deleted. In the Istore, the videos are marked as 'being loaded'...

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks, Europa!
i think what I will do is this: buy myself another Ipad with more storage space, set everything back to factory settings on the old tablet and load the apps over the app store on the newer one as suggested.
Basically, the problem occurred because I have not enough storage space, is this right?
So how is the reset to factory settings done?

@jmp: So kind of you, and I did what you suggested. I feel bit like a fool, but...no. It is just the same as before, the vids can not be deleted, because whenever I press edit, the thumbnail is shown to only two third and when I press the blue arrow, a window opens saying it can not be deleted. In the Istore, the videos are marked as 'being loaded'...
You can press the restore button in iTunes on a computer or you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings on the iPad. Be sure to make an iCloud backup before you restore.