view all apps on phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I use the Dock Application that's available. It gives you the ability to access ANY of the apps on the iPhone by just dragging out the little "sunburst". It really is convenient. This way I have 4 regular icons and the 4 dock icons with the rest hidden. It makes the display look a lot more sleek and clean.

danthelion

Oct 3, 2007
I use the Dock Application that's available. It gives you the ability to access ANY of the apps on the iPhone by just dragging out the little "sunburst". It really is convenient. This way I have 4 regular icons and the 4 dock icons with the rest hidden. It makes the display look a lot more sleek and clean.
aw man thats AWESOME, i just installed it and it looks so freaking cool!

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I hated that sunburst app. I just installed a hack that made my home screen scroll. I can't remember which one, but it's out there, dammit! :lol:

danthelion

Oct 3, 2007
I hated that sunburst app. I just installed a hack that made my home screen scroll. I can't remember which one, but it's out there, dammit! :lol:
i think that would better easier, the sunburst app is kind hard to pull up, but when u can, it looks cool. is the app on the app menus on ibricker?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
where can i get that? i don't think i see it in the ibrickr app page

Really? It should be right in iBrickr when you click on the "Browse Applications" button. The icon looks like the bottom button of the iPhone.

SummerBoard v2.11Size: 781.5 KiB SummerBoard extends SpringBoard to add scrolling, wallpaper and more!

Is how it is named in iBrickr. Should be right between Sudoku v1.0 and Tap Tap Revolution v1.2.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Really? It should be right in iBrickr when you click on the "Browse Applications" button. The icon looks like the bottom button of the iPhone.

SummerBoard v2.11Size: 781.5 KiB SummerBoard extends SpringBoard to add scrolling, wallpaper and more!

Is how it is named in iBrickr. Should be right between Sudoku v1.0 and Tap Tap Revolution v1.2.
yeah summerboard is quite cool and i use em on my phone :)

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
where can i get that? i don't think i see it in the ibrickr app page
Use iBrickr to install Installer, and only Installer. Start Installer. Install Community Sources - this will greatly expand your list. Find Summerboard in the install list and install. Tweak your layouts to your hearts content. Oh - got tons of summerboard themes on installer as well.

Also, use iBrickr to load the attached file (obviously unzip it first) into var/root/library/Installer/. It'll open up quite a few more sources.

Attachments

danthelion

Oct 3, 2007
If you want to have the scrolling home screen then you should download Summerboard. It is A-Mazing.

haha silly me... i was looking for an app caleld "A-Mazing" thanks for the tip! i just got it and it does work a lot better than the sunburst! the sunburst is so hard to pull up :\

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
haha silly me... i was looking for an app caleld "A-Mazing" thanks for the tip! i just got it and it does work a lot better than the sunburst! the sunburst is so hard to pull up :\
Haha, dang it, I didn't even realize that was how it looked :laugh2:. I'm glad you were able to get Summerboard with no problems though, it's definitely one of the best 3rd party applications currently available. I do agree that the sunburst can be a bit cumbersome to pull up at times, especially if you don't choose the right application and have to do it again.

roxanne

Oct 31, 2007
sunburst

so i downloaded the feature that has the sunburst in the corner but is there any way to get it so my icons scroll down and up instead of bursting out of the corner

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
so i downloaded the feature that has the sunburst in the corner but is there any way to get it so my icons scroll down and up instead of bursting out of the corner
If you are using firmware 1.0.2 then you can install Summerboard which will allow you to scroll up and down. If you are on 1.1.1 Summerboard will scroll sideways.
Make sure you load the correct version of Summerboard. One of them says Old Summerboard which I think is version 2.11. The other says something like Summerboard Alpha 3.0a11. The 3.0a11 is the ONLY Summerboard that works with 1.1.1 firmware.
Once you install Summerboard, you don't really need the Dock app.
Personally, I use both. I use Summerboard to hide everything except my dock, then use the dock app to access everything. Like Youngbinks said, looks so nice and clean like that. Not to mention, you get used to the Dock after using it a while.

Like this...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Thanks Roxanne, I loaded Summerboard and Customize. Then selected a theme in Summerboard called Plain Jain Dim. Then used Customize to hide all my icons. On, and of course loaded the Dock app to access all my apps.
The wallpaper is an image I found on the net, i just added the Merlin image using Photoshop.
glad you like it.

roxanne

Oct 31, 2007
omg

okay so I just ran into a very large problem my phone just stoppped I was listening to music and the music stopped and the phone froze up. it won't let me do anything including shuting it off. do you know whats up or how I can fix this?