View entire IAP history for apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Rafagon, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Is there a way to get one's entire IAP history for a given app?

And yes, I know Apple sends a receipt each time you make an IAP, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way than going through all my e-mail receipts and entering them into Numbers or Excel.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Disregard above post.

I found it—although it’s not exactly what I wanted. You can view your entire purchase history, apps, IAPs, music, movies, and whatever else Apple sells, all lumped in there together, like some sort of digital potpourri, in reverse chronological order. And in somewhat unproductive little batches of 10.

This entire screen could use an overhaul, if you ask me.

ph.png

Here are just a few ways I can think of that this purchase history screen could be improved:

• No way to sort any way other than reverse chronological order. Why can’t I list my purchases alphabetically? Or by cost, from least to most expensive?
    • No way to search for a specific app or specific IAPs (or song, movies, TV show, whatever) by title. A search field would be nice, so that the user who type in a search field, say, "Angry Birds" and view all purchases containing those words.
    • No way to list purchases made during a specific date range. What if I wanted to list all my iTunes purchases from January 1, 1935 to July 1, 1935? (Although you can jump to a specific month and year of your choice.)
    • No way to search by price. What if I wanted to list all my iTunes purchases costing ≥$5 and ≤$10?
    • Displaying batches of 10 entries at a time is very time-consuming. Each time you click on Next Batch or Previous Batch, iTunes says “Accessing iTunes Store.” Even on my rather fast Internet conection, each fetch of the next or previous batch takes between three to five seconds. What, my 8 GB of RAM wasn’t enough to load my entire purchase history at once?
    • Lastly, it would be nice if you could export your entire purchase history to a Numbers or Excel spreadsheet. But I know that’s already asking too much. This would greatly benefit people who have purchase histories much more massive than my own.

Maybe I’ll click on the Report a Problem button and copy and paste this all in there. Assuming the resulting field is big enough.

#2 Rafagon, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Would be nice to view that on iPhone.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You can’t? This only works on iTunes on macOS? Wow, Apple! :eek:

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yeah, I know! Like too much other stuff.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Hey, this might help you. You can view iTunes purchases made in the past 90 days by visiting this site on your iOS device:

https://reportaproblem.apple.com

Better than nothing, I guess.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I want to see way back at what I paid for apps. I don't recall if I paid or got them free.

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That link I provided will do that (both on iOS and macOS), but only for the past 90 days. If you need to go back further, then you will need a macOS or Windows machine and go through iTunes.

9. ninjafish

ninjafish New Member

This is why I don't like IAP :(