View post in blog

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Chris I love everything you do here and for this site. I also know that you enjoy positive and negative feedback. I try to give it whenever I can.
I am failing to see the point of and or enjoy the "view post in blog" feature/threads. I personally don't understand why I have to get redirected from the app to safari to read something that could easily have been read in the app where I started. Now after unread the post I have to go back to the app. It also seems like kind of a wasted thread when that is all it says. I would like it better if there was an actual post ad then perhaps the link for those that do want to navigate to it.

Just my opinion of course and like I said I appreciate what you do and new and different features you introduce. Just trying to give some feedback for you.

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
If I repost content from the blog in two places (blog and forum), then it could trigger a duplicate content issue from Google. This new system does unite commenting between forums and blog. Thus, there is one conversation about a particular topic.

Agreed, it's an added click to read the article, but it's the best way as of now that I can implement this without having any issues with the big G.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
If I repost content from the blog in two places (blog and forum), then it could trigger a duplicate content issue from Google. This new system does unite commenting between forums and blog. Thus, there is one conversation about a particular topic.

Agreed, it's an added click to read the article, but it's the best way as of now that I can implement this without having any issues with the big G.
Thought we couldn't talk about religion on the forum. ;)
I understand the double post part. Is this to get the blog and news section up and running again?

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
Thought we couldn't talk about religion on the forum. ;)
I understand the double post part. Is this to get the blog and news section up and running again?
The blog has always been "up and running". This is meant to unify commenting throughout the site. It's also a new single-sign on system. To comment, you sign up once.... here in the forums.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Like I said I just speak for myself but it is threads I skip over now. As in I don't click the link. Some you can get the gist of from the other posts.