Viewing Latest Content

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I was checking the site through Safari on my MacBook Pro and was looking for a way to view the next thread without having to swipe back and click on New Posts again. Maybe I missed something but is there a way to see more new posts from the current thread? Currently, you have to scroll to the top of the page and click on the link.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Am I the only one with this problem? I notice there is no replies since yesterday.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Am I the only one with this problem? I notice there is no replies since yesterday.
I'm trying to comprehend what you're asking. Does it not show the page numbers at bottom to switch to? Also does it not show "Go to First Unread"?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm trying to comprehend what you're asking. Does it not show the page numbers at bottom to switch to? Also does it not show "Go to First Unread"?
It shows the page numbers to switch between pages for the current thread, but if I want to read the next thread with new posts I have to click on the "new posts" at the top to see all the new posts. There is no way to move to the next thread with new posts without going to the top of the page.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm trying to explain this as best as possible. This is when I'm viewing the site through Safari on my MBP.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
There is a keyboard shortcut cmd+up arrow to quickly jump to the top of the page. The only thing is that I have to do that for every new post that I want to read once I'm done looking at the current thread.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
A quick solution that I thought of is to have a "view latest content" at the end of a thread. It would be a feature request.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I flick up on my Magic Mouse and it quickly takes me to the top of the page. I don't think the MacBook Pro trackpad does it with one quick swipe, though. There is a keystroke to quickly get to the top of the page: Command and the up arrow key.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I flick up on my Magic Mouse and it quickly takes me to the top of the page. I don't think the MacBook Pro trackpad does it with one quick swipe, though. There is a keystroke to quickly get to the top of the page: Command and the up arrow key.
Yeah, I did put that in my post. The annoying part is that if there are 10 threads with new posts, I have to use the shortcut 10 times. I would also think that having to flick up on your Magic Mouse so much would eventually have you wish that there would be a better solution.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I did put that in my post. The annoying part is that if there are 10 threads with new posts, I have to use the shortcut 10 times. I would also think that having to flick up on your Magic Mouse so much would eventually have you wish that there would be a better solution.
I would select new posts, click one, read it and then use the two-finger swipe to go back a page to the list of new posts. You can ignore the one you just read.