Virtual Machine on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eyepoper

Sep 30, 2007
Is it posibble that the iPhone could Run a Virtual Machine System? I mean if it can emulate Playstation 1.....It can run a VM Machien Right? With its 410 Mhz cpu.

Please Coders....lets us know this. Than we could Run ANY LINUx on the Ipone also.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Is it posibble that the iPhone could Run a Virtual Machine System? I mean if it can emulate Playstation 1.....It can run a VM Machien Right? With its 410 Mhz cpu.

Please Coders....lets us know this. Than we could Run ANY LINUx on the Ipone also.:cool::cool::cool::cool:
If your phone is jailbroken you can get the emulater. Do a search and you will find it, I saw several threads in the past 2 days.

eyepoper

Sep 30, 2007
If your phone is jailbroken you can get the emulater. Do a search and you will find it, I saw several threads in the past 2 days.
Thats pretty good...The phone is open for everything I think you know that.. Whats the name of that Emulator you are talking about or Virtual Machine it must be.

REMEMBER I didn't MEAN THE PSX EMULATOR..! I want a Virtual Machine to run Linux or so in the iPhone.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Thats pretty good...The phone is open for everything I think you know that.. Whats the name of that Emulator you are talking about or Virtual Machine it must be.

I don't remember, but I even saw an image of it from the thread on the phone, as well as a youTube movie (posted by Mernst) of the emu working on a iPhone. Do the search it is here.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Not sure I'd want to run Linux on the iPhone via a VM.

Heck, it's already running a fine 'nix OS.

What exactly would you want to run under Linux anyway, that would work properly with the iPhone's screen and input methods? Seems like it would be easier to convert existing apps to the iPhone instead (e.g., Apache, etc.--already out for the iPhone).

--
Mike

eyepoper

Sep 30, 2007
Not sure I'd want to run Linux on the iPhone via a VM.

Heck, it's already running a fine 'nix OS.

What exactly would you want to run under Linux anyway, that would work properly with the iPhone's screen and input methods? Seems like it would be easier to convert existing apps to the iPhone instead (e.g., Apache, etc.--already out for the iPhone).

--
Mike
Its not that I don't like the OSX..I`m a Fan of OSX.. But you know. Every one really like to see and know what you can do with this little thing. We want to see its potensial. So see it running any virtual machine would be great. I mean.we would like to show those stupid Windows moble user that we can do everything with this phone. Ever running Windows mobile in a virtula machine. Would that be great to show them?
Great to see what the power lies behind this phone. Thats my problem