Virtual Reality Headsets

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I remember reading books on VR back in the early 90s and now it is upon us. VR is already making big strides and advancing fast, with Oculus, Samsung, Sony and others. I predict that Apple will jump into this arena too in the not too distant future. I'm sure they are already designing prototypes. There will be a huge market with so many applications for this technology, especially gaming. VR will be revolutionary. Personally, I will wait until it develops further, and they release products for iPhones, but I like what I'm seeing so far. Will any of you buy a VR headset this year?

Gear-VR1.jpg

Last edited:

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I predict this will be in most homes like smartphones or tablets are. Although there are many cheap models on the market, I would like to wait and see a dominate player in this field and further development that truly immerses the viewer into the VR world, and not only 3D experience.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
They have lots of them on Amazon.com. Most are fairly cheap, and there isn't much content. Unless you want to experiment and are a VR hobbyist, you could buy one now for a reasonable price. Some are nothing more than glorified 3D. Some only offer 180 degree viewing. I wish to wait for further development, and see some improvements in the hardware and available content that is truly immersive VR. There are number of reviews online, and you can also read customer reviews on Amazon.

http://vr-headsets.ireviews.com/2015-best-virtual-reality-headsets-review