Viruses from internet on iPhone?

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
let me first say i have never had a smartphone or a phone that had internet nor a mac(unfortunately this will change in a few months when i save up and get a macbook)

i know safari is secure and mac osx is secure, but you are bound to get viruses or spyware, etc from the internet over extended use right just like on a computer?

how is Apple going to deal with this?

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I've been using macs for several years. I have never had a virus. The iPhone, like with ipod, will have an option to reset to factory conditions (through iTunes). That would be all you have to do to reset it, should a major problem occur.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
Apple goes to great lengths to brag about security. however, nothing is invinceable. good and bad hackers are out there just as excited to get their hands on an iPhone. some of them will provide us with fun add-ons and some will provide us with trojans (if they can). have faith in Apple. if anyone can beat the hackers, its Apple. i've had Apple products for over 1/2 my life. i've never had a virus on a mac.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
thx guys, i didn't think it would be a problem but just wanted to make sure.

i would have hated to buy the phone, love the internet and use it a lot and then in 2 months the thing crash because of viruses/spyware etc.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
I've been using macs for several years. I have never had a virus. The iPhone, like with ipod, will have an option to reset to factory conditions (through iTunes). That would be all you have to do to reset it, should a major problem occur.
Yes, and also remember that Steve said that they put OS X in it because of all the things (Cocoa, ect) and he said security.