Vista and iTunes

Sully

Jul 22, 2007
I've got two potential issues with my Vista machine and iTunes. First, iTunes is unbearably slow to open. I don't have this issue with other software.

My second issue is that when I've got my video library open in iTunes, I'll see the blue screen of death and the machine will reboot maybe about 30% of the time.

Anybody else experiencing this issue and/or have a solution?

equus

Jun 29, 2007
I've got two potential issues with my Vista machine and iTunes. First, iTunes is unbearably slow to open. I don't have this issue with other software.

My second issue is that when I've got my video library open in iTunes, I'll see the blue screen of death and the machine will reboot maybe about 30% of the time.

Anybody else experiencing this issue and/or have a solution?
Sounds like the typical Logitech Web cam drivers issue. Go to Logitech web site, dowload the latest drivers, reboot PC and you should be fine after that.

Sully

Jul 22, 2007
Well, I tried taking that one further since I don't have a webcam. I looked for any Logitech software, but I have none. So I'm still unsure of what may be causing my issue.

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
There has always been a few seconds delay in iTunes opening for me, its fine once loaded. I'm running xp.

Carey

Nov 20, 2007
yes iTunes has always loaded slowly for me. that might just be your computer specs though. as for the other issue. idk, it happened to me once because i wasn't updating vista regualarly and i didn't have the right drivers or something like that.

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
yes iTunes has always loaded slowly for me. that might just be your computer specs though. as for the other issue. idk, it happened to me once because i wasn't updating vista regualarly and i didn't have the right drivers or something like that.
I have vista ultra with 2gigs of ram and I never seen blue and iTunes opens fast. I timed it and it opens in 4 sc. I have a dell xps I know that vista is ram hungry

Sully

Jul 22, 2007
i too have vista and have had NO BSOD. Also, no problems with iTunes opening. What is the BSOD error you get when it happens?
I don't remember the error and fortunately I haven't seen it in quite a while. With any luck, things stay stable.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Vista here on a new PC and iTunes is slow as molasses when doing any type of processing - syncing, importing into the Library, etc. Almost to the point of unusability.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Vista Ultimate on my laptop... no errors at all opening iTunes. It isn't the fastest app to load, but also not the slowest.

Mar 22, 2008
PC connection problem with iPhone

Hello there! I just bought an iPhone from US (i'm in Europe) and when i connected my iPhone to my Laptop (which runs Vista 32) my PC could see it as a camera. Anyway, when i tried to transfer photos or mp3s, the iPhone wasn't letting me to add ANY files to its folder. Even worse, when i tried to download from my email accout to the iPhone an avi. i got a msg that the navigation programme couldn't download the file.
Can you please help me? Should i install a software to connect with my iPhone?

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Those are both expected behaviors.

The iPhone is read-only when connected to a PC - you can copy photos off, but not put them on. To add photos, you need to sync the folder that has those photos in iTunes.

At this time, Safari on the iPhone does not support downloads. If you jailbreak your iPhone (do a search for a bazillion articles on what this is and how to do it), then you can add one application that permits Safari to do download certain file types.